diy solar

diy solar

Low vs High frequency inverters

What are you using it for?
It's grid tied, net metering. Just checked, it's done 168 MWHR, so just keeps chugging along. Net Metering is going away, so I'm changing to EG4 18Kpv and PP batteries, but I'm not sure I want to sell off the SMA. :)

All I can add to the discussion is that I can start my propane dryer with my Victron 48/1200 inverter that cost $334 whereas my $1500 Delta 2 max portable aio rated for 1800W/2400VA output will shutdown with overload message.
whats ironic is that those ecoflows have more stable output voltage than the majority of the cheap (not victron) inverters. I have been running several ecoflows for over a year and never had a issue with anything, whereas the larger inverters I have tried/seen all (HF and LF) have voltage swings

whats ironic is that those ecoflows have more stable output voltage than the majority of the cheap (not victron) inverters. I have been running several ecoflows for over a year and never had a issue with anything, whereas the larger inverters I have tried/seen all (HF and LF) have voltage swings
Oh don't get me wrong my Delta 2 max runs everything else I would expect a 15A outlet to run, microwave, air fryer etc, things the 48/1200 can't power for extended periods of time. It's just the dryer start up surge that throws it off.

Back