diy solar

diy solar

luxpower 3.6kw battery storage system

womble

Hi all,

A year ago i had a solar installation with batterys installed. When it is a shiny sunny day my meter on grid doesnt move. My question is what stops that from moving? I understand it like this but i wonder if im completely wrong. Analogy. Like a flow of water you have water coming from the grid through the meter. From the solar system you have a flow of water going to the other side of the grid meter. Therefore the flow from solar system is stopping the water coming in from grid. Equalibrium. Any answers would be great. Many thanks.

Hi all,

A year ago i had a solar installation with batterys installed. When it is a shiny sunny day my meter on grid doesnt move. My question is what stops that from moving? I understand it like this but i wonder if im completely wrong. Analogy. Like a flow of water you have water coming from the grid through the meter. From the solar system you have a flow of water going to the other side of the grid meter. Therefore the flow from solar system is stopping the water coming in from grid. Equalibrium. Any answers would be great. Many thanks.

Yes flowing water is a good analogy

Your GTI (grid tie inverter) ramps the voltage up slightly higher than the national grid , so it's power takes priority

It then goes off and feeds your neighbours before spreading further

Back