diy solar

diy solar

Luxpower Shutdown/Startup when adding battery

oldrider

Going to add another battery in my system, and I do not see any procedure for the inverter operation when doing so..ie, can I shut down my existing batteries, turn the battery breaker off, add my battery, turn my batteries on and open the battery breaker in the inverter or do I have to go through a complete inverter shutdown...if so what is the procedure. In the manual, it states that you cannot shut down the inverter under load...first turn of the grid breaker and then the load breaker, the PV breaker, the battery breaker and wait for the LCD to go off. Not sure if you have to do all of that to add an extra battery to the system. Thanks in advance

It is best to stop the batteries to ensure the voltage of each is the same before connecting them together when adding battery. Too high voltage difference may be dangerous. So you'd better disconnect the batteries from the inverter before connecting them in parallel then to the inverter. The inverter can keep working in bypass without shutting down.

Back