diy solar

diy solar

LuxPower 12kw Inverter Problem

bphogenson

Happy New Year! We had a LuxPower 12kw, model LXP-LB-US-12K, inverter installed in our home about six months ago. Before December, it had been working perfectly. About one month ago the monitor system, either web on laptop or the screen on the inverter stopped reading the power to and from the grid or the power to the home. The power between the PV, batteries or the backup to the home seems to read correctly. I have attached two photos taken from my laptop monitor. The photos are about 5 minutes apart. The photo with the PV at 7993w is with the grid turned off, note that it shows 3568w going to the backup home. The photo with the 10284w is with the grid turned on, note that it does not show power going to the home. The home was using the same power in both photos and the power to the home functioned perfectly. We have updated the firmware to the latest release after this problem started and it did not help. Please let me know if you have any thoughts on our inverter problem. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20240103_101702875_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240103_101702875_HDR.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240103_101416150_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240103_101416150_HDR.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 16
Quickie analysis indicates PV Pwr was properly accounted for and split between the load and charging the battery when grid was off. When grid was turned on, the inverter switched modes and used all PV Pwr for charging the battery and loads were served by pass-thru grid power which is not being detected or reported for some reason.

Seems like the inverter is working properly but for some reason the current monitoring detector for grid power has malfunctioned or the connection to the ADC has been interrupted. Both grid voltage and frequency were shown. Inverters typically use some kind of CT or sensor on the circuit board, rather than an actual shunt, to measure current. Since the load Watts went to 0 when on grid, it would follow that the value is calculated rather than actually measured thus went to 0 also.

Since everything else is working correctly, first place I would look is on the PCB where the AC Input from the grid connects. Is there any signs of over heating or perhaps loose wiring or connector on the PCB.

Happy New Year! We had a LuxPower 12kw, model LXP-LB-US-12K, inverter installed in our home about six months ago. Before December, it had been working perfectly. About one month ago the monitor system, either web on laptop or the screen on the inverter stopped reading the power to and from the grid or the power to the home. The power between the PV, batteries or the backup to the home seems to read correctly. I have attached two photos taken from my laptop monitor. The photos are about 5 minutes apart. The photo with the PV at 7993w is with the grid turned off, note that it shows 3568w going to the backup home. The photo with the 10284w is with the grid turned on, note that it does not show power going to the home. The home was using the same power in both photos and the power to the home functioned perfectly. We have updated the firmware to the latest release after this problem started and it did not help. Please let me know if you have any thoughts on our inverter problem. Thanks
Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Back