diy solar

diy solar

Xw+ Shutdown

hogback

Off grid and thinking of the proper way to swap out some new batteries. Can you remove batteries while the xw is in standby, or should the xw be "off?" Thinking of this order of operations:

Turn off loads breaker
Disconnect pv from sccs
Put sccs in standby (or can I do this with pv still connected?)
Xw in standby
Xw off
Scc to battery breaker off
Swap batteries

Xw should come up in standby
Change scc and xw parameters for new batteries (xanbus power from xw will allow changing scc parameters - will the sccs come up in standby?)
Breaker from sccs to battery on (or do this before above?)
Turn on xw
Connect pv back to sccs

Sccs are 2x mppt 60 150s btw

Problems with the above?

Thx,

It's nice to de power it while it's off, but I cut the DC power to my XW+ while it's inverting with no load and it's fine too.

I wouldn't be sure that it will come up in standby. My experience is that mine will always start inverting about 5 seconds after DC power is restored.

I precharge when I restore DC power. You may want to do the same to be kind to your breaker. You can use an incandescent light bulb to bridge the power to precharge.

Indeed. I have said incandescent ready to go. That being said, I never precharged when I flipped on the 4x simpliphis I installed four years ago, and simpliphi doesn't mention precharging in their guide. Maybe their bms can handle it. I'll be swapping in 5x (three more soon) 120Ah "homebuilts" each with their own jk inverter bms (100A - charge and discharge set to 50A).

Back