diy solar

diy solar

Schneider Generator Settings - Charge rate issues

Cmiller17363

Hi all,

I have a Schneider XW Pro with a generator wired in per the manual for "Off-Grid".

The inverter recognizes the generator power, qualifies it, tries to charge, but then draws 20amps @ 240VAC from the generator no matter what parameters I choose.

I tried adjusting the generator breaker size, Max bulk charging current, Max percentage charge rate based on battery capacity, etc.

None of these parameters seem to help. Changing the generator breaker size should be all I need to do to change the charge rate from the generator, as shown in David Poz's video on this.

HOWEVER!! I am using firmware 2.04. I tried loading 1.11 BN0049 and it works perfectly! It adjusts the charge rate based on the generator breaker size without changing ANY other parameters.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Is there something I'm missing that is causing the issue aside from the firmware? Could having AC coupling turned off under "Inverter" in the settings cause an issue with phase alignment? I considered reloading 2.04 but at this point I want to just leave it alone to avoid further issues. If it ain't broke....

I have all kinds of problems with V2.04.
I'm currently running XW-Pro-6848-120-240V-Firmware-v1.11_BN0049
With v1.11 firmware I have the same issue as you on V2.04. the 6848 pro will only use up ~22A from the generator, so that is ~5.2KW. It does not matter what I change. I can make it take under 22A but I just can't make use more than 22A. My inverter generator can power 30A 240V running watts. I changed the following and it works if I want <22A but just not more. Am I missing something?
AC2 Breaker Size
Maximum Charge Rate
Maximum Bulk Charge Current

I just figured it out, I need to change the breaker size and then click the refresh/retrieve icon. The icon next to "Basic" and "Advanced"
After i done that, go to "Generator Support" I can now change to the higher amperage. Schneider needs to improve their GUI.

Glad you got your situation figured out. Yes, it will automatically use 80% per NEC for continuous use. I can lower the amperage on V1.11, but not V2.04.

Back