diy solar

diy solar

lv6548 battery charging by utility when set to "only solar"

Mike.Indiana

Batteries are charging by utility even though I have option 16 set to "solar only". This is causing me to waste excess solar energy during the day that should be battery stored because the utility has already charged the batteries from the overnight discharge/charge cycle. It appears that option 16 does nothing. Anyone else notice this? My inverters are nearly 3 years old. Ian at watts24/7 said he hadnt heard of this problem but with the age of my units he thought a software update may fix the problem. Im hesitant to update the firmware not knowing if it will fix the problem and potentially causing more problems.

Any suggestions out there?
TIA

I've also experienced some quirky behavior with my split phase LV6548s (2 years old but put into service a few months ago) with this setting. I kept seeing 2 amps charging on my batteries when option 16 was set to solar only. I kept re-setting it to get the option to stick but never could confirm it worked correctly. After chasing other issues and having to take them offline, I noticed it seems to be solar only at the moment, but I can't say what changed. I have a feeling it could be a software glitch. Let me know if you ever figured it out.

- TM

Back