diy solar

diy solar

LV6548 output/charger source priority timer settings

Did anbody test if setting Start & End time to identical values will allow to set a 1 hour period?
eg. will Start=16 and Stop =16 switch on at 16:00 and off at 16:59?
Or is this forbidden like Start = End = 00 as mentioned in the initial post?
Start = End = 00 is a special case to disable the timer. I have tested setting Start = End = another non-00 value and it does work as intended, exactly as you described.

If Setting "16" is set to "OSO" (only solar) and I want to change it to "SNU" ( Solar & Utility") e.g. from 16:00 to 17:59 is it then sufficient to just set the Charge Priority Timer for SNU to 16-17 or do I also have to set the Timer for OSO to 18-15?
My intuition about the behavior is derived from testing only so could very well be incorrect. I have no documentation or word from the vendor about the exact behavior, but my understanding is that there is a 24-slot table, corresponding to the hours 0-23. When you set the default charger source or output source priority, it simply writes that default into all 24 slots in the table. Then, when you set a timer, for say slots 16 and 17, it just overwrites the behavior with the desired new one. So rather than think about all the settings and trying to figure out how the device will behave, just think of it in terms of this table and the order of operations used to change slots in the table.

Right now, I have my charger source priority default set to OSO. I've configured the timer to use SNU for hours 07-11 and it works as I'd expect: from the hours of 0700-1159, I get SNU, from 1200-2359 and 0000-0659 I get OSO.

If I understood correct Setting 16 will set all the 24 slots in the table to "OSO"
The Timer settings for "SNU" will then overwrite the corresponding slots in the table, all the others will stay on "OSO".
So in my understanding it should not be necessary to in addition set the OSO-timer.
Is my understanding correct or did I miss something?
This is my understanding as well. Whether it is correct remains difficult to say :)
It is something very easy to test and is reasonably safe to test so you should just try it out and please let us (this thread) know if you experience some behavior that is different.

Did anybody check if the Command Tool and the described commands also work for Voltronic Axpert models (eg. VM IV)
I don't have access to anything but an LV6548 so I can't comment on this.

I could find the communication protocol for Voltronic Axpert Max.
Don't know how much the communication of the different Voltronic Off-Grid inverters differ, but at least the commands for QCHPT and QOPPT fit to Wayne's 1st thread.
I upload it here. Please comment if you have further knowledge.

Attachments

• MAX Communication Protocol20210217.pdf
    732.8 KB · Views: 14
hello, does anyone know if you need to set your output source to utility if you want your charger source priority to run off the mains?

Hi, i have 2x inverters which are set to charge at 2am to 6am, my inverters are voltacon Conversol 7.2kw, which are the same as the mpp, both are made by voltronic. The master inverter is charging but the slave inverter doesn't charge. Any ideas?

Hi, i have 2x inverters which are set to charge at 2am to 6am, my inverters are voltacon Conversol 7.2kw, which are the same as the mpp, both are made by voltronic. The master inverter is charging but the slave inverter doesn't charge. Any ideas?
I've found I have to set Source Priority in both inverters and Charge Priority in only in Inverter #1. @wayne530 is the master at this damn thing. I really wish they had a little more refinement on these as they are pretty important. Solar Assistant seems to be trying to develop this, however, I'm not 100% I'd like this control outside of the inverters. Thoughts?

I've found I have to set Source Priority in both inverters and Charge Priority in only in Inverter #1. @wayne530 is the master at this damn thing. I really wish they had a little more refinement on these as they are pretty important. Solar Assistant seems to be trying to develop this, however, I'm not 100% I'd like this control outside of the inverters. Thoughts?
I tried this but still only the master inverter charged overnight, the second inverter at some points was charging 2amp while the master was charging at 80amps.

Update, iv managed to get the second inverter charging after many hours of research and testing, when I originally installed the two inverters only the time was set on inverter 1, yesterday I set it on inverter 2 and all working perfectly.

I'm not sure too many people are using this feature but after some back and forth with MPP Solar about odd behavior with the timer, I finally understand a little more about how it works and wanted to share it in case it helps anyone else. I am making some assumptions based on my observations - feel free to let me know if they're incorrect and I'll update the post accordingly.

tl;dr if using the output source/charger source priority timers in the LV6548 (and probably any other Voltronic-based inverter that has this feature), please treat the starting time as the top of the hour and the ending time as the end of the hour. Example: if you'd like USB priority from 7am to 3pm and SBU priority from 3pm to 7am, you should set USB priority start at 07 and end at 14, and SBU priority start at 15 and ending at 06. Do not edit/change setting 01 (global output source priority) after you've set a timer. If you have multiple inverters in parallel, for output source priority timers, you only need to configure the timer on the primary inverter. All of the secondary inverters sync the output source priority automatically. If you're using charger source priority timers, you must configure them on all inverters (thanks @DanielS for confirming this).

If you incorrectly use USB 07-15 and SBU 15-07, what you're actually saying is you want USB from 0700-1559 and SBU from 1500-0759, which as you can see overlaps. So what happens when you do this? The inverter accepts these values and does not perform any overlap detection. The last setting that is saved will be the active setting. If I set USB 07-15 first, then set SBU from 15-07, what I actually get is USB from 0800-1459 and SBU from 1500-0759. This is of course not exactly what I wanted as the transition from SBU to USB will now occur at 8am rather than 7am.

The way this works is that there is a 24 hour (from 0-23) table and in it, each hour is assigned an output source priority setting (USB is assigned the code 0, SUB code 1, and SBU code 2). When the clock ticks over to the next hour, the inverter checks this table and switches (if necessary) to the new output source priority. If my table looks like this:

2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2

it basically indicates SBU priority from midnight through 7:59, USB from 8:00-14:59, and SBU from 15:00-23:59.

When you update setting 01 (global output source priority), I believe that it essentially writes the selected value over all 24 slots in that table. For example, if I go to setting 01 and set it to USB, my table would look like:

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

When you update one of the output source priority timers, it takes the start time and iterates through the end time (inclusive) and sets the corresponding output source priority into the output source priority timer table. If I start with the above example (setting 01 set to USB), and then set an output source priority timer for SBU with start 07 and end 14, the firmware will overwrite those slots in the timer table and we'd have:

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Each successive change simply overwrites the corresponding slots in this timer table. This is why you cannot edit/change setting 01 after setting timers.

When the start time and the end time are both set to 00, this seems to be a special case and is ignored. I think this means you can't set a timer to begin at midnight and end at 00:59, but if you've gotten this to work, let me know!

I believe the same applies to the charger source priority timer, if you're using that. There is also a way to view this table over the RS232 port (you'll need a USB to DB9 RS232 adapter). Please see the attached PDF for more instructions.
so 00 to 23 stand for whole hours: 00 being midnight to 1AM.
I'm thankful you took time to work this out and describe it.

Update, iv managed to get the second inverter charging after many hours of research and testing, when I originally installed the two inverters only the time was set on inverter 1, yesterday I set it on inverter 2 and all working perfectly.
Man is that good to know. I’m sure you found that in the manual. ? I probably would have been down the same rabbit hole, except for some reason I had set the time on both early on. When the end time happens, does it continue for on for an hour?

The good news is that the input is limited to numbers 00-23 only. I can confirm that setting start to 00 and end to 00 is a special case and is ignored. Start time > end time works as expected by wrapping back to 00 after 23. For example, start 15 and end 06 is interpreted as the ranges 15:00-23:59 and 00:00-06:59.
You are a star...saved me hours trying to working it on MPP6048MT. Thanks

Back