diy solar

diy solar

LVX 6048 Blinking Fault No Error Code

adak

Hello,

I have 1 unit setup in hybrid mode with solar running with no problem. I added my lithium battery bank and changed it to 3rd party lithium battery. When I connect the bank after about 1 minute the fault light flashes and beeps but no error code is shown on the display.

Everything appears to be working normally, any idea why the fault light would flash and not show a code?

I got my LVX6048 about a month ago. It does the exact same thing. I am connected with battery only and I chose PYLONTECH. That is why I am in this forum now. I read a few days ago about someone that figured out how to connect the communication between the inverter and the battery by using correctly wired cable and port. He said once they communicated, the fault went away. I am going to find that article and see if that works for me.

I did get a reply from support, the warning is the inverter is not getting communication to the battery. I had selected Li C but when I changed it to USE the warning went away. I am using SOK batteries so there is no external communication, hope that helps.

I did get a reply from support, the warning is the inverter is not getting communication to the battery. I had selected Li C but when I changed it to USE the warning went away. I am using SOK batteries so there is no external communication, hope that helps.
Thank you, Adak. I will try that tonight. :) I am using a 5k Trophy battery.

I got my LVX6048 about a month ago. It does the exact same thing. I am connected with battery only and I chose PYLONTECH. That is why I am in this forum now. I read a few days ago about someone that figured out how to connect the communication between the inverter and the battery by using correctly wired cable and port. He said once they communicated, the fault went away. I am going to find that article and see if that works for me.
Did you find the article? I can't get my Pylontech battery to talk to the inverter. Ian said it only does 485 and I was trying CAN. I made a different cable but no go.

On a different note, I came home today to a dead battery and the unit didn't switch over to the utility. Is this normal behavior or is my configuration wrong?

I had this same situation. I made a cable and it would communicate for a while but then randomly stop . Ended up going to the use setting

Did you find the article? I can't get my Pylontech battery to talk to the inverter. Ian said it only does 485 and I was trying CAN. I made a different cable but no go.

On a different note, I came home today to a dead battery and the unit didn't switch over to the utility. Is this normal behavior or is my configuration wrong?
I was mistaken and it was a youtube video about a Jakiper battery and and LV6548. It talks about why communication wasn’t working and how he fixed it with a different pin configuration for PYLONTECH. Here is the link.
I tried USE when I got home and it has been working flawlessly for several hours. Thanks Adak. :)

I was mistaken and it was a youtube video about a Jakiper battery and and LV6548. It talks about why communication wasn’t working and how he fixed it with a different pin configuration for PYLONTECH. Here is the link.
I tried USE when I got home and it has been working flawlessly for several hours. Thanks Adak. :)
just a heads up USE does not use or need the cable , you need to manually enter voltage settings

just a heads up USE does not use or need the cable , you need to manually enter voltage settings
Yes, that is very important. People need to know that. Thanks! Luckily, I had spoken to support for Trophy batteries and he gave me the parameters. I entered them in the menu settings following the USE setting. Everything is working now. :)

The LV6548 needs the Pylontech protocol on the RS485 pins. It will not work on the CAN pins (which kindof sucks to be honest).

Back