diy solar

diy solar

Makeskyblue V118 SCC with 36v battery system

paqgae200

Hello,
I have a 60 amp Makeskyblue scc feeding a 36v lifepo4 battery system which works perfectly it charges my battery to 43v as I configured it.
The problem is that if I shut down the controller and power it back again it auto configures itself as a 48v battery system since from 40v to 60v it thinks it’s a 48v battery it has to see from 30v to 39v to sense a 36v battery. If the solar panels are still connected it will over charge the 36v battery thinking it’s a 48v battery. This not good! Is there a way to permanently save the 36v configuration regardless of the battery voltage? The only protection is the bms, when the battery voltage drops down below 40v it will revert back to a 36v battery system after a controlerr power reset.
Thanks in advance

Just some quick math and it looks like you have one more battery cell than you need for a 36vDC setup A closer match is 11S cells rather than 12S cells. 3.65 per cell at 11 = 40.15vDc and you could set charge for 3.55vDc/cell = 39.05vDC just about max for proper detection. At discharge down to 3.0vDC (10%) = 33vDC which is above bottom. 12 cells at 3.65= 43.8vDc which is about what you are reporting.

Just some quick math and it looks like you have one more battery cell than you need for a 36vDC setup A closer match is 11S cells rather than 12S cells. 3.65 per cell at 11 = 40.15vDc and you could set charge for 3.55vDc/cell = 39.05vDC just about max for proper detection. At discharge down to 3.0vDC (10%) = 33vDC which is above bottom. 12 cells at 3.65= 43.8vDc which is about what you are reporting.
Thanks for the reply,
I could do that if this was a home system mounted on a bench or on a wall but mine is a transportable system (see pics)
I would have to dismantle it completely to do that it would be a pain… also I would have to change the bms… etc
Thanks
IMG_1403.jpegIMG_1402.jpeg

Thanks for the reply,
I could do that if this was a home system mounted on a bench or on a wall but mine is a transportable system (see pics)
I would have to dismantle it completely to do that it would be a pain… also I would have to change the bms… etc
Thanks
Sorry, but I do not know of anyway to change the battery voltage detection parameters for the MSB SCC. Nor pick a fixed battery voltage type.

I don't know if it will help but there was a discussion on data logging from MSB on Genetry Solar. With the wifi version it may be possible to automatically set parameters remotely on start up?

I don't know if it will help but there was a discussion on data logging from MSB on Genetry Solar. With the wifi version it may be possible to automatically set parameters remotely on start up?

The wifi app is of no help.
I contacted MSB and they acknowledge the problem. They will send me a unit which is specifically made for 36v battery where you can adjust the volage from 36v to 51v instead of 30v to 39v
Thanks for your reply
IMG_1406.png

I ran into the same problem.
Vendor (eBay makeskyblue_usa) never replied when I reached out.
The only thing you can do is to hook it up to half-way charged 36V battery, set params, and never turn it off!?!?
This is a fie waiting to happen.

Back