diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo Hybrid-Inverter BMS Protocol v1.01

flygeek

For your Megarevo owners out there (I just got my R8KLNA last week):

I was able to get the BMS protocol communication structure. Here is a link to the Google Sheet that I created: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10kNWjWOMPvYuVP-sE-3YHWA0HRo4d2jKk1wABqbj9J4/edit?usp=sharing

I had to translate some Mandarin, but it seems pretty straightforward. I've also attached a PDF of the Excel sheet too.

Apparently, the unit firmware is also supposed to update automatically via the Solarman logger interface (WiFi plug-in adapter).

Thanks to @minerva for pointing out the battery config has to be Lead-Acid until the BMS protocol is figured out. Coming from the technology world, it's a little horrifying how archaic and non-standard the communication protocols are (it reminds me of electronics class twenty five years ago).

Attachments

• Megarevo Hybrid Inverter BMS Protocol V1.01 - BMSProtocol.pdf
    115 KB · Views: 127
Hi Flygeek, just posted this question in the previous post did not see this one. Hi Everyone, I thought i would post this question here, instead of creating a new post, since it is related to the 8k Megarevo. So My question is has anyone been able to get Megarevo (BSE8KLNA US 8KW Hybrid Solar Inverter(Low Voltage)) to charge a LFP battery (with grid or PV) without using can bus communication, by using the lead acid battery setting with lets say these parameters (or any other) Charge V = 55v, Bat end V 48v and Bat OVP 55v. I have been testing this unit for the last week and for the life of me i cannot get it to charge the battery.

Hi there - if you try putting the unit into Battery Priority mode - it should get low enough to trip a recharge. I know jsmetalcraft was able to do this.

Hi there - if you try putting the unit into Battery Priority mode - it should get low enough to trip a recharge. I know jsmetalcraft was able to do this.
Thanks Flygeek. Will try this ASAP. Thanks!

Hi Flygeek, before I tried battery priority mode, i switched from Lead acid mode to Lithium battery mode, inverter shutdown (most likely due to no communication with BMS) so i restored it to lead acid mode (since my LFP battery has no communication BMS) and now the battery charging parameters updated itself to the following charge volt to 55v (was 54.6v and locked), bat end voltage to 43v and OVP voltage 58. I adjusted end voltage to 48v (still low) and OVP to 55v. Believe it or not, battery started charging with PV. It was late in the day so i left it like this to see what happens in the morning with full sun. but thanks, I have to admit the Megarevo is really buggy.

Hello Flygeek, MNRosado, I am looking for a digital copy of the megarevo 8kw owners manual. Do either of you have one to offer?

Thank you for your findings!

Would you know if there is a way to use multiple BMS' (9!) with a Megarevo?

Bluesun version for Megarevo 8k
Hi MNRosado,

Thabk you for your previous response on this subject. I was wondering if there was a more detailed document used by installers? When thr technician came to troubleshoot my bms communications issue, I noticed that he kept referring to screenshots on his phone that do not match any pages in the manual. I have a megarevo 8000 but the manual seems to be the exact for the bluesun.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi MNRosado,

Thabk you for your previous response on this subject. I was wondering if there was a more detailed document used by installers? When thr technician came to troubleshoot my bms communications issue, I noticed that he kept referring to screenshots on his phone that do not match any pages in the manual. I have a megarevo 8000 but the manual seems to be the exact for the bluesun.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Hi DLsolar, The megarevo is the manufacture, and its rebranded by Bluesun, and others. No what exactly were you trying to do. What BMS is it?

Hello everyone. Has anyone figured out to communicate with felicity solar bms. I have a lpbf48300 at a client. Lead acid profile does not calculate soc

Back