diy solar

diy solar

Milk crate Portable 100ah

Baughb

I have a little 40ah Flexopower 444 but I wanted a back up with more juice.

So I got this stuff:
reBel 100ah in plastic box-should've gotten the metal boxed one as I could have used the smaller Target 12" milk crate.
Dropped the $ on a Victron Smart controller. 100/20 48v (can do 24v and 12v as well)
ABS plastic box to house:
Blue Sea 6 circuit with ground fuse box
2x12v cigarette ports and 1 USB port, Anderson SB50 mounted connector
12' 10ga extension fro Battery to remote box with SB50 connectors.
A Powerwerx 4 pole Anderson Distribution block. (used as a solar panel combiner into the Vic. SCC)
2 Renogy 100 watt panels. 1 older suitcase in glass and 1 newer, flexible/foldable lightweight version)

Both the reBel battery and the Victron have bluetooth to control and monitor.

Nothing fancy here but I can expand and shrink as I like.
Semi-permanent install to the crate so I can play around with it.

I chose not to have an inverter. I use almost exclusively 12v appliance and very few at that. (Dom CFX50, mattress warmer, some string lights, some USB recharging)
And the Flexopower 444 has AC if I bring a PC that has a 110v charger.

My only regret, as I said earlier, I would have bought the reBel 100ah in the metal box as it's a smaller box but, I can't resist a sale.

IMG_4410.JPGIMG_5045.JPGIMG_9805.JPG

Looks good, does the box have thumb screws?
any plans for an inverter? Or just dc uses?

No plan for an inverter as I use 12v DC appliances almost exclusively. The Flexopower 444 has 110ac available for those rare needs.

No thumbscrews as any phillips head is appropriate and readily available in my truck. I don't plan on having to get into the distribution box except for repairs or a blown fuse.

Added a Victron SmartShunt back in May. The bluetooth app for the reBel BMS (Xiaoxiang) is a bit wonky. After 10ah of depletion, the BT app sez it’s at 63% (or some other obviously wrong percentage) but correctly reflects the proper voltage. I got tired of not knowing precisely and I like more gadgets!

Back