diy solar

diy solar

mini split and LIon in RV

I've got two of the pioneer 12k units- they are very similar to mr cool. In that rv, i would guess you will pull 400 to 600 watts for 90% of the time it's running in cooling mode. Once it cools the room off, it can put out cold air using as little as 250 watts. That should give you about 2-3 hours for every 100ah 12v battery you run. I would bet 4 would get the job done on an average summer night here in the south.

These mini splits are killer! They SIP power compared to a traditional ac. And so quiet compared to a rv rooftop ac!

I've got two of the pioneer 12k units- they are very similar to mr cool. In that rv, i would guess you will pull 400 to 600 watts for 90% of the time it's running in cooling mode. Once it cools the room off, it can put out cold air using as little as 250 watts. That should give you about 2-3 hours for every 100ah 12v battery you run. I would bet 4 would get the job done on an average summer night here in the south.

These mini splits are killer! They SIP power compared to a traditional ac. And so quiet compared to a rv rooftop ac!
that is great to hear.

I have decided to just go ahead, get the install done and give it all a whack....so this is good news.

thank you kindly!

I wish I had good data I could watch on a minisplit. I watched one where it ran at 500 watts at 8000 BTUs.To replace my 15k BTU that would be two at 1000 watts. My regular 15k BTU AC runs at 1650 watt.

Thay would not be worth the effort for the install.

I've got two of the pioneer 12k units- they are very similar to mr cool. In that rv, i would guess you will pull 400 to 600 watts for 90% of the time it's running in cooling mode. Once it cools the room off, it can put out cold air using as little as 250 watts.
This is quite promising. Is this in an RV? I also assume that is 400 -600 watts each.

I think insulation in these plays a big factor. I think mine cools the RV down to 12 degrees below the outside temp. Normally if its warm enough for me to turn the AC on, it will be running all day long.

do you use fuses or circuit breakers for the condenser and air handler, and may I know why you chose whatever you did over the other?
also, did you wire them to plugs or plumb the electrical into your house electricity without plugs?
many thanks

I put in a 12K Mr. Cool last September and have run it continuously all winter for heating. I've been shocked at how little power it uses. My power bill only went up about $30 per month, while my gas bill went down $75, so it's been a real improvement. It's hardwired, so can't install a Killawatt to measure it, but one of the next projects is a transfer switch to allow it to be run off the solar in emergencies.

Back