diy solar

diy solar

Modbus Addresses Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G

CaseyJones62

I currently have the Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G which I am connecting from a Raspberry PI via the Modbus.

I'm currently connecting and extracting the meter values (33130) but can't find the address for the reading for the CT clamp.

Does anyone know the Modbus Address for the CT power reading, I would expect something like 33xxx

Please note: This is for the Solis AC not the Hybrid and directly on the Modbus not via the WiFi stick.

I have already seen that doc thanks. Even gone to the level of dumping out all the registers for varying PV output, but still not been able to work it out. Can't seem to find a register changing that even aligns to the PV power output.

It's annoying as it must be there, as the Inverter Display shows the power on the CT correctly.

I have already seen that doc thanks. Even gone to the level of dumping out all the registers for varying PV output, but still not been able to work it out. Can't seem to find a register changing that even aligns to the PV power output.

It's annoying as it must be there, as the Inverter Display shows the power on the CT correctly.
Check out lines 162 to 178:

....I calculate it from string1 & 2 current and voltage values.

EDIT: or you can use register 33058 (it's an unsigned 32 bit number)

... Can't seem to find a register changing that even aligns to the PV power output.

maybe "33057 total_dc_output_power 0 W" from this posting?

click on 'spoiler: lots of text' to show the table.

The PV registers should be the same for all Solis models, this is from a recent modbus doc I have

1-16-2023 9-53-19 AM.png

Actually no - they seem to differ based on region in the world - in Australia our ones that work for a Solis 3P5K-4G-AU is (-1 from each of these when querying them) (so DC voltage 1 is actually queried as 3021)

Craig

1678250839897.png

Hi, the link to the modbus map you have posted appears dead. I am specifically interested to know if it contains the address to control backflow power. Do you have a saved copy you could upload ?
The link works for me. I can't see anything about backflow in the linked document.

I currently have the Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G which I am connecting from a Raspberry PI via the Modbus.

I'm currently connecting and extracting the meter values (33130) but can't find the address for the reading for the CT clamp.

Does anyone know the Modbus Address for the CT power reading, I would expect something like 33xxx

Please note: This is for the Solis AC not the Hybrid and directly on the Modbus not via the WiFi stick.
Hi CaseyJones62. I have just inherited RAI-3K-48ES-5G and a PlyonTech us2000. I would like to read the data from the modbus. Could I ask you, is the Modbus port the 4 pins on the port marked COM next to the built in WiFi aerial port ?. Would you be able to give me a few tips on how you have your Pi connected. Thank you

Hi CaseyJones62. I have just inherited RAI-3K-48ES-5G and a PlyonTech us2000. I would like to read the data from the modbus. Could I ask you, is the Modbus port the 4 pins on the port marked COM next to the built in WiFi aerial port ?. Would you be able to give me a few tips on how you have your Pi connected. Thank you

Welcome! Yes... you can buy plug on eBay to connect to it. Check out this thread for more details on modbus comms...

Welcome! Yes... you can buy plug on eBay to connect to it. Check out this thread for more details on modbus comms...

Hi @SeaGal Thank you for the info and link, I have found it very useful and a good starting point for me

Back