diy solar

diy solar

Moving setup to inside garage from back porch. What to look out for.

Any name you wish

I am moving my setup at the end of the hot season from my back screened in porch to inside my garage.

1694748872098.png

Beyond any cable adjustments and using backer board on the walls, what are other things to look out for? Also, since I am in the garage and the house grounding pole is there as well, is that a grounding option for this system or should I still keep it seperate?

For a 2000 watt inverter, I'd recommend hardwiring if that is an option.

Although each inverter is different, plugging in the outlet tends to limit to 15 amps production, a little short of 2 kw, but hardwiring will allow the full inverter output.

Also, some inverters aren't recommended to mount vertically as pictured. Not sure why the owner's manual says this, I think its to avoid things falling into the inverter through cooling fins.
==========
IMO, I'd also reccomend putting this in one place and not moving it seasonally. IME. every time something is taken apart and moved, there's a risk of breakage.
==========
What did you power to generate 2.3 MWh? Is this yor sole power source?

I have a much smaller portable generator, but struggle to generate more than 40 kWh a year, at around 1 kWh a day I use it.

So I am not moving this seasonally, I am moving it to be better protected from the elements. I used this to power a computer and some networking equipment as well as charge my electric car using L1 charging. This will move it closer to the source of where the power is being used, help protect it from the elements, and give me the space on the porch back to the cats. No, this inverter cannot be hardwired, it does not have those ports.

So I am not moving this seasonally, I am moving it to be better protected from the elements. I used this to power a computer and some networking equipment as well as charge my electric car using L1 charging. This will move it closer to the source of where the power is being used, help protect it from the elements, and give me the space on the porch back to the cats. No, this inverter cannot be hardwired, it does not have those ports.
You seem to be getting good use out of it.

You seem to be getting good use out of it.
I have been up until it was in the 110 range then I had to drop the charge rate to 8 amps. I did that for about a week then only charge on 100 degree or less days. It seems to use 4kWh a day so I like it. I have 6 more panels to add so more capacity on the horizon.

Back