diy solar

diy solar

MPP 8048 PIP MAX

Normandie

Hi. I have been running two MPP 8048 PIP MAX in parallel. I have had problems constantly from day one. These ranged from communication errors to battery shutdowns and never got a resolution from Technical. After around six months of problems the mains power from the grid started blowing the house circuit breakers. Despite sending all of the data and answering every question to the best of my ability the same questions always got asked. No one was actually listening to my information. The electrician then said that he could not risk any more issues and disconnected the inverters. Last week MPP told me this "As mentioned in a previous email, the narrow differential in switching mode voltage settings for these inverters may be causing the relay in the inverter switch to malfunction frequently" This had never been mentioned before and I still have no idea what this means. MPP will offer me a 5% discount as they say that the circuit boards need replacing. This price will include shipping. Can anyone give me any information. I am at my wits end with them as I have had no solar for many months. Thank you.

Last week MPP told me this "As mentioned in a previous email, the narrow differential in switching mode voltage settings for these inverters may be causing the relay in the inverter switch to malfunction frequently" This had never been mentioned before and I still have no idea what this means. MPP will offer me a 5% discount as they say that the circuit boards need replacing. This price will include shipping. Can anyone give me any information.

So they are offering to repair the broken equipment? Or just ship you out spare parts ?

Hi Sam. No repair. They say that I am out of warranty. They have not identified the cause of the issues to date. As the "malfunctioning relay" has never been discussed and only happened after months of other issues I have doubts as to what is actually wrong. The response is full cost of two boards, etc as below. They then offered 5% discount.
rtsUSD
8048MAX MB*2
318​
8048MAX Control*2
90​
8048MAX Remote*1
50​
Shipping Fee to FR
211​
Total Cost
669​

Hi Sam. No repair. They say that I am out of warranty. They have not identified the cause of the issues to date. As the "malfunctioning relay" has never been discussed and only happened after months of other issues I have doubts as to what is actually wrong. The response is full cost of two boards, etc as below. They then offered 5% discount.
rtsUSD
8048MAX MB*2
318​
8048MAX Control*2
90​
8048MAX Remote*1
50​
Shipping Fee to FR
211​
Total Cost
669​
No good at all .. and you say the problem has been on going since day one ?

Yes. I bought these new. After delayed delivery lost in transit, I then had the planning regulations changed. I had to re-apply for planning but kept MPP advised. When planning arrived I again notified them and whilst installing again kept them apprised. Only used the inverters starting June 23. October 8th 23 we had to remove them. After this we have got nowhere.

Back