diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar PIP-MAX 8kW won't stay in 240v output mode

stik

This has been irritating me for a while. I've got two MPP Solar PIP8048MAX inverters that are operating in parallel on a single phase. Individually I can set them to 240v output (you have to do this in the 30seconds you get after you turn them off but while the front panel is still powered), but as soon as I parallel them up again they go back to 220v. It won't let me set it over serial (replies with NAK every time), and the phone app has long since stopped working.

I had another go at fiddling with it the other day while the whole system was down for a battery swap, and somehow I managed to get it to stick with 240v, even with both running! I was very pleased, my shower was really hot again, the lights are slightly brighter, oven heats up faster, etc. For about two weeks all was fine, and then a script in my home automation stuff switched it into USB mode so that it could charge up off cheap power overnight after a dismally rainy week, and once it went back to SBU mode it was at 220v again :( I find it interesting that it clearly is capable of switching this setting without powering off (although i suppose the actual inverters weren't running while it was charging)

Anyone got any thoughts? I've spoken to MPP in the past a couple of times about this, but it's like getting blood from a stone and I don't feel like I'm going to get much from them

Don't particularly want to have to spend 15mins turning them on and off every few weeks. It's a faff and the house is without power while i'm doing it, etc.

Back