diy solar

diy solar

MPP LVX6048WP Communication with software

TomBlackburn

Hi All,
New to this forum.
I have a newly purchased MPP LVX6048WP that I can't seem to get connected to my PC or Laptop in order to use the SolarPower software, to configure the inverter for Grid Tie with Back Up. The supplied cables were'nt an exact match to my ports, so I had to buy an adapter. I tried two different types with no luck. Can anyone here walk me through the process of connecting up this type of inverter.

Tom

Hi All,
New to this forum.
I have a newly purchased MPP LVX6048WP that I can't seem to get connected to my PC or Laptop in order to use the SolarPower software, to configure the inverter for Grid Tie with Back Up. The supplied cables were'nt an exact match to my ports, so I had to buy an adapter. I tried two different types with no luck. Can anyone here walk me through the process of connecting up this type of inverter.

Tom
If the pins are correct on your cable, then when connected to your laptop, you should see a new comm port appear in device manager. Select it in the software, and you should be good to go. If no comm port shows up, then youmay have a bad cable. You can also try the wifi instructions in the manual and use the phone app.

I used this cable off of Amazon. Was able to program my LVX6048WP easily. Lots of options and settings. My laptop has Windows 11 with a USB port.

My set up:
- 1800 watts of panels in 2 strings
- 48V LIPO4 100Ah WuLills battery off of Aliexpress without BMS connector
- Grid tied with TWO current transformers

So far the customer service from MPP has been fantastic. They don’t respond on weekends but otherwise its usually next day.

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpeg
    IMG_1027.jpeg
    851.3 KB · Views: 11
Plug the supplied “Grey cable” to the RS-232 port and then connect the “Dtech” cable through the DB9 connection.

Back