diy solar

diy solar

SOK 48V100 protocol change

BrianT

Hi everyboy,

I am still having problem with changing the communication protocol on my Sok server batteries. I tried to follow up the procedures in the videos I could find but the communication software does not behave as described.

After connecting the master battery to Pbms Tools v2.5, the inverter protocol window is empty. I can choose anything from the Inverter Set drop down menu, but it will not show in the upper window, despite a message that the operation was successful.

I think there was a post from @HighTechLab in one of the thread I would not find now, that from the 3rd(?) generation where the change does not get written into the upper field, but the change takes place anyway. I am not sure about this, since after connecting the battery again both fields are empty.

What is the part I am missing?

The battery is of 05/2023 vintage and I am trying to change the protocol to Pylon485 to make it communicate with MPP LVX6048WP.

Thank you.
Brian

I don’t have any SOK batteries but it sounds like to have a firmware update to do. Are all batteries on the latest firmware version?

I don’t have any SOK batteries but it sounds like to have a firmware update to do. Are all batteries on the latest firmware version?
I have never seen anything about the battery firmware update. The inverter is one with the firmware, and no, I have not updated it. There were some fan issues after the updates and I am not sure if that issue is already resolved.

No firmware updates for these batteries. There is no need to change the protocol if you bought the batteries in 2023 - should be plug and play right out of the box. If settings were changed, then you need to use the new software version to set it back as the old software is not compatible with the batteries purchased in 2023.

No firmware updates for these batteries. There is no need to change the protocol if you bought the batteries in 2023 - should be plug and play right out of the box. If settings were changed, then you need to use the new software version to set it back as the old software is not compatible with the batteries purchased in 2023.
Thank you, I was thinking there must be some communication issue, since the Soc on the inverter does not correspond to the soc on battery. Plus I have these low voltage warnings, from certain point in the discharging cycle.
I guess I am up for a dreaded inverter firmware update.

Did you use the right communication cable? I do wonder if the pinouts on your inverter are different

Did you use the right communication cable? I do wonder if the pinouts on your inverter are different
I assumed the pinout is the same. I made my own, triple checked it. There was never any warning or mention that the lvx6048wp would be different from the lvx6548.

I assumed the pinout is the same. I made my own, triple checked it. There was never any warning or mention that the lvx6048wp would be different from the lvx6548.
Would be a good idea to double-check the manual. My experience with Voltronic is that they change anything and everything for no reason without notice.

Hi everyboy,

I am still having problem with changing the communication protocol on my Sok server batteries. I tried to follow up the procedures in the videos I could find but the communication software does not behave as described.

After connecting the master battery to Pbms Tools v2.5, the inverter protocol window is empty. I can choose anything from the Inverter Set drop down menu, but it will not show in the upper window, despite a message that the operation was successful.

I think there was a post from @HighTechLab in one of the thread I would not find now, that from the 3rd(?) generation where the change does not get written into the upper field, but the change takes place anyway. I am not sure about this, since after connecting the battery again both fields are empty.

What is the part I am missing?

The battery is of 05/2023 vintage and I am trying to change the protocol to Pylon485 to make it communicate with MPP LVX6048WP.

Thank you.
Brian
Hello Brian. Did you ever get resolution on your communication question. I have the SOK and MPP LVX6048WP (2022) edition. I order the communication cable from current connect. I am able to establish communications with the inverter but not confident that the parameters are the correct ones. The inverter reads the float and absorption rate as 56V. The low voltage cut out is 44.8v I believe. These numbers are far different from the open communication parameters list on Current Connect’s website. So what are thoughts/ experiences?

Back