diy solar

diy solar

How to get warranty help for an SOK 48V100 battery?

reader2580

I have a non-working SOK 48V100 battery. It appears the BMS is not functioning properly. How do I get warranty repairs on SOK batteries? I emailed SOK six weeks ago and they responded asking for the dealer name and order number. That is the the last I heard from SOK. I sent a follow-up email after four weeks and no response.

I know Current Connect sells the SOK 48V100 batteries so I called them and tried to buy a BMS, but they said they don't sell parts.

EDIT: @HighTechLab (Dexter) from Current Connected contacted me privately about the warranty on the SOK battery. I was not aware previously that Current Connected covers the warranty on the SOK 48V100 battery. He is taking care of my issues.

Last edited:
Who did you buy them from, and are they an *authorized* dealer of SOK batteries? This is critical info, and I'm not sure why the dealer themselves isn't helping you ...

Haven't heard of many failures with this brand of batteries ... SOK batteries (at least, my little 12v100ah units) are easily repairable, with their metal cases. I've opened mine up, and they are very clean inside and seem repairable.

You might be able to open yours up as well, or have it done for you. It might also be possible for you to cut a deal with CurrentConnected, wherein they might repair it for you for a fee, as they are a dealer of these batteries. If they don't want to repair it, perhaps they will sell you either a new SOK bms for it, or any other damaged component. This might be better than an entire new one.

Finally, you might consider buying one more SOK, and using the failed one for "spare parts", which theoretically might save having to buy TWO of any other brand ... this option might be more dependent on actual troubleshooting of the problematic unit (finding root cause of the issue).

Hope this helps ...

One of my SOK 48V100 batteries is dead after about 15 months of ownership. I suspect the BMS is bad. I contacted SOK directly via email a good month ago and they asked who I bought it from and the order number. There were a couple of emails back and forth, and then nothing. I tried to follow up a week ago, but no response.

It appears the warranty is just plain worthless on SOK batteries. I have two SOK 48V100 batteries in parallel. I now have to decide if I buy another SOK 48V100 to replace the dead battery, or buy two of another brand and write off the $4,000 for the two SOK batteries. I definitely don't want EG4 batteries with all the issues people in this forum have had with them. If I buy another SOK battery it will definitely be through Current Connected.

I would be happy to spend my own money on a replacement BMS, but that doesn't seem to be an option.
18650BatteryStore, order yourself some grade cells plus 10% extra and a JK BMS. DIY! Cheaper and then you’ll know how to repair it. 19 mo, built over 220kWh with zero issues.

Remember about the extra warranty most credit cards give. It works in cases exactly like this one.

18650BatteryStore, order yourself some grade cells plus 10% extra and a JK BMS. DIY! Cheaper and then you’ll know how to repair it. 19 mo, built over 220kWh with zero issues.
I have ZERO interest in building my own batteries. I don't want the hassle of trying to ordering batteries from China and hoping they are good batteries, and not some grade C junk that don't hold a charge. There are a million choices in BMS and the good ones are really expensive. You then have the question of do I compress the batteries, or not, and all that.

I prefer to just buy a decent battery that is UL listed and they have done all the research on decent components.

I have ZERO interest in building my own batteries. I don't want the hassle of trying to ordering batteries from China and hoping they are good batteries, and not some grade C junk that don't hold a charge. There are a million choices in BMS and the good ones are really expensive. You then have the question of do I compress the batteries, or not, and all that.

I prefer to just buy a decent battery that is UL listed and they have done all the research on decent components.
18650 battery store is a reputable US vendor that sells legitimate grade A cells.

You can pick up a JBD or JK BMS for under $200 and replace the failed BMS in your SOK pack. (I did this exact thing with some 12v packs I bought for an insane deal from CC savings shack).

That protection seems to only apply to warranties three years and less. These batteries have a ten year warranty.
It is upsetting to hear of things like this happening To anyone…Maybe I missed it but Where did you buy them ..? and from who..? What has that entity said or done to try to help.
J.

SOK is a quality company.
I will be surprised if they do not resolve the issue.

A week without a response is not good though.

SOK usually would handle the issue through the vendor who sold it.

Have you contacted them?

It is upsetting to hear of things like this happening To anyone…Maybe I missed it but Where did you buy them ..? and from who..? What has that entity said or done to try to help.
J.
Yeah, this is the key, right?

If you bought it from some random unauthorized eBay seller for example, I can understand SOK not wanting to touch the warranty.

If it came from an authorized retailer, normally they would be the first point of contact.

Please send me a message on here with your email address (or email dexter@currentconnected.com), where you purchased from and who you have been in contact with. I'll make sure it's resolved immediately not just for you, but also for who dropped the ball leading up to this point.

EDIT: Looks like you got your system from Inverters-R-Us and have been having an overall difficult time with the whole system...

Last edited:
Please send me a message on here with your email address, where you purchased from and who you have been in contact with. I'll make sure it's resolved immediately not just for you, but also for who dropped the ball leading up to this point.
I didn't buy from you so it is not your responsibility to fix. I will try to contact SOK directly again.

I didn't buy from you so it is not your responsibility to fix. I will try to contact SOK directly again.
We are the master distributor for 48v SOK. We are responsible for making sure all vendors selling hold up their end of the deal. All vendors go through us for warranty. That’s why our name and contact info is on the front of the battery.

It was bought brand new from an authorized reseller so far as I know. No dealings with any shady sellers and not bought on Ebay.

It was bought from InvertersRus. I went back and forth with SOK directly and gave them my InvertersRus order number. They said they would contact InvertersRus, but nothing.

We are the master distributor for 48v SOK. We are responsible for making sure all vendors selling hold up their end of the deal. All vendors go through us for warranty. That’s why our name and contact info is on the front of the battery.
I tried to BUY a new BMS from you guys to see if that would fix my battery and I think it was James (been a while) said I can't buy parts.

If/when I buy more SOK batteries it will definitely be from Current Connected so I can actually get warranty support.

Back