diy solar

diy solar

How to get warranty help for an SOK 48V100 battery?

I tried to BUY a new BMS from you guys to see if that would fix my battery and I think it was James (been a while) said I can't buy parts.

If/when I buy more SOK batteries it will definitely be from Current Connected so I can actually get warranty support.
It sounds like he is trying to intervene and get you what you need, I would be taking him up on the offer! ?

It was bought brand new from an authorized reseller so far as I know. No dealings with any shady sellers and not bought on Ebay.

It was bought from InvertersRus. I went back and forth with SOK directly and gave them my InvertersRus order number. They said they would contact InvertersRus, but nothing.
CC has offered to help with your issue but it seems you aren’t understanding or accepting the offer.
Dexter was very generous offering to help
so what else do you want? ?

I decided to buy a new Cerbo GX, new Cerbo GX display, new SOK 48V100 battery, and new Victron Multiplus-II inverter from Current Connected. This means I will have one place to support everything. It was not $4,400 I really wanted to spend, but I had the money in savings so I did it. I will have to postpone some planned spending in 2024. I almost bought two new SOK batteries, but it would have pushed me over $6,000 so I decided to keep the working 48V100 battery.

I may just give away the old stuff so I don't have to deal with complaints if the stuff doesn't work 100%.

I decided to buy a new Cerbo GX, new Cerbo GX display, new SOK 48V100 battery, and new Victron Multiplus-II inverter from Current Connected. This means I will have one place to support everything. It was not $4,400 I really wanted to spend, but I had the money in savings so I did it. I will have to postpone some planned spending in 2024. I almost bought two new SOK batteries, but it would have pushed me over $6,000 so I decided to keep the working 48V100 battery.

I may just give away the old stuff so I don't have to deal with complaints if the stuff doesn't work 100%.
I am very confused. The CTO of Current Connected came personally into this thread and said to DM him as they are the master vendor who ultimately has to handle warranty claims. It sounded like he was going to intervene and get this fixed for you. Did you take him up on that?

I mean, it's cool you went and just dumped over $4000 buying products from him, but you want to toss the unit he was offering to help you get fixed?

This is just a very bizarre response lol

I am very confused. The CTO of Current Connected came personally into this thread and said to DM him as they are the master vendor who ultimately has to handle warranty claims. It sounded like he was going to intervene and get this fixed for you. Did you take him up on that?

I mean, it's cool you went and just dumped over $4000 buying products from him, but you want to toss the unit he was offering to help you get fixed?

No, he bought from a different vendor, and i think he wants to get the responsible vendor to honor the issue.

cc being the ultimate reaponse here is great.

I have a Victron Multiplus II 48 volt, Victron Cerbo GX, Victron Cerbo GX display, and two SOK 48V100 batteries.

The only things in that list that work properly are the Cerbo GX display and one 48V100 battery. The inverter, one 48V100 battery, and the Cerbo GX are all broken in one way or another. The inverter keeps randomly shutting down with a fault, but I can never find a fault code. I turn off the inverter, turn it back on, and it works again for some random amount of time. The Cerbo GX just goes into a reboot loop when the inverter is connected. If I disconnect the inverter I still see it rebooting randomly. The 48V100 battery seems to have a bad BMS, but who knows.

I figure if I buy everything from one vendor who actually provides support that I can get help if the new stuff still has the same issues. I previously bought all my stuff from a different vendor who doesn't seem to be interested in helping to make it work properly.

The stupid thing I noticed on reading the SOK warranty again is they make the customer pay for shipping both ways. You would be out about $800 to ship a single 48V100 to and from SOK's facility in California since they ship freight.

The stupid thing I noticed on reading the SOK warranty again is they make the customer pay for shipping both ways. You would be out about $800 to ship a single 48V100 to and from SOK's facility in California since they ship freight.
The 48v warranty is different since it's not handled by SOK, it's handled by me and my company.

If the battery can be troubleshooted and fixed in the field, then we ship you the parts without charge and guide you through the field repair.

If you opt out of the field troubleshooting or field repair, only then do you pay the shipping to us. We pay the return shipping to you.

If the battery is severely damaged beyond a reasonable field repair, then we cover the shipping both ways and the replacement equipment.

One of my SOK 48V100 batteries is dead after about 15 months of ownership. I suspect the BMS is bad. I contacted SOK directly via email a good month ago and they asked who I bought it from and the order number. There were a couple of emails back and forth, and then nothing. I tried to follow up a week ago, but no response.

It appears the warranty is just plain worthless on SOK batteries. I have two SOK 48V100 batteries in parallel. I now have to decide if I buy another SOK 48V100 to replace the dead battery, or buy two of another brand and write off the $4,000 for the two SOK batteries. I definitely don't want EG4 batteries with all the issues people in this forum have had with them. If I buy another SOK battery it will definitely be through Current Connected.

I would be happy to spend my own money on a replacement BMS, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

This is an industry wide problem, I have a battleborn 100 with no lid and working with an overkill solar bms as battle born refused to warranty a faulty bms.

Before that I had surret rolls refuse warranty on very expensive agm batteries that I had to get a lawyer involved with.

Basically warranty on batteries is a myth IMHO.

This is an industry wide problem, I have a battleborn 100 with no lid and working with an overkill solar bms as battle born refused to warranty a faulty bms.

Before that I had surret rolls refuse warranty on very expensive agm batteries that I had to get a lawyer involved with.

Basically warranty on batteries is a myth IMHO.
perhaps you are painting a whole industry with a very broad brush..there are always two sides to every story and sometimes three.. we’re only hearing one… what’s their side.?
It would mean more to us consumers if you also told us why they refused to warranty their product…that’s only fair ya know…im sure they think they had a reason..
they are both exceptional worldwide companys ..I was installing Rolls batts in big boats back in the 80s…never even heard of a unresolved problem….Rolls has produced some of the finest battery’s in the world for almost 90 years....why would either company just arbitrarily try to hoo-doo some one for no reason.

J.

I have decided I am just going to take the broken 48V100 battery to the electronics recycler. My new 48V100 battery has already shipped from Current Connected. It appears I will just have to budget for a new 48 volt battery every year since the first one didn't even make it a year. It will suck spending $2,000 every year on a new battery, but I don't know what other choice I really have.

Last edited:
From everything I have read I suspect service from Current connected will be much better.

Um I think you're taking it way too far. If you're thinking you're going to replace batteries every year, just get lead...

No, you don't have to replace every year. CC is going to help you with that 10 year warranty if needed.

And I STILL do not understand why you're getting rid of other working equipment just because the vendor you got them from was crap. Doesn't mean the equipment is going to break just because the vendor was no good...

And I STILL do not understand why you're getting rid of other working equipment just because the vendor you got them from was crap. Doesn't mean the equipment is going to break just because the vendor was no good...
Yes, I have Victron equipment now. I have a Cerbo GX, Multiplus II 48/3000, and a Cerbo display. The only Victron item of the three that works is the Cerbo display. The only way to get any Victron warranty is to go through the selling dealer.

My new Multiplus II 48/3000, Cerbo GX, Cerbo display and SOK 48V100 battery already shipped from Current Connected yesterday. I wish now that I would have just ordered a second 48V100 battery to replace my second one so everything would be Current Connected so one vendor for any warranty or support.

Here is the deal:

I make one big motorhome trip per year with up to seven of my friends. I have the inverter and batteries just for this trip. My problem is this stuff keeps breaking during my trip. I need support in a reasonable timeframe, not ten days later when I am already home from the trip. It is an issue not to have power for the fridge and such when the inverter decides to crap out.

I got sick of replacing AGM batteries every three to five years so last year I switched to 48 volt LifePO4 batteries. The AGM batteries were in a place that was a huge pain in the rear to replace the batteries. I hoped LifePO4 batteries would last close to a decade.

Back