diy solar

diy solar

SOK 48V100 losing AH capacity

This is for Steve-S well since you did not ask I watched it charge up and I did not time it but it was a significant amount of time to go from 3650 to 3700mV like minutes which is very many multiples of milliseconds,and this all happened while the BMS was not supposed to be charging according to you in fact I think the charging quit at 3700mV because thats when the BMS when into protect mode.The point is the battery has a problem and if you are an expert like you claim then you would know that .Now please move on to some one who either asks for your help or some one who you think you can help,because you expertise did not diagnose the problem correctly and now everyone that reads this can see that .AND when someone makes a valid point you call that a hostile responce, nice Good luck with that Tude

Last edited:
Thanks I thought that might be the case but did not remember from when I last looked at the parameters and do not have my laptop connected to check actually I had taken a picture of the parameters for the warranty people and yes cell over voltage protect is 3.70V.This is why the battery still charged after 3.65V and should be 3.65V.I also noticed under temperature protect is set at -5 degrees which is not very smart either.And this is also the reason I called for people with SOK batteries because then we get respectable responses from people who have knowledge of SOK batteries

Last edited:
I will add, the SOK Pace BMS only cuts off at 3.7v. It does not cut out at the industry standard of 3.65v.

@HighTechLab Is there a reason for that?
Yes, there are a few simple explanations...but to keep from derailing this thread any further, we should probably start a new thread for that to keep things on topic.

Back