diy solar

diy solar

MPP power saving mode

heirloom hamlet

life my way
Does anyone know if there is a way to set a minimum voltage/wattage limit when the power saving mode is on... on an MPP all-in-one LV2424 unit? When it is on it pulsates power when I plug in something piddly, like a single LED bulb, probably because it is not enough of a load to justify using the inverter when in that setting. But low useage like that will be my reality.
Or, is having power saving mode on silly, is there not much power saving happening? It seems to me that that inverter (and fans) are constantly running even when the sun is down and it ain't working hard or getting hot. To me, long term life, that can't be good.

If it does not have a setting, some people use a switch on a night light or other load that brings it up to that level when on.

Kindof clunky but if you dont draw 3-12 watt (depending on inverter) it wont come on in powersave. Power consumption on some of these units is 30-50W and is higher than the daily household consumption innsome cases just to keep an inverter on!

A 3w standby and 3w wakeup to full power with momentary delay is the reason i spend customer money on outback gear..... its gold to have this type operation especially with micro off grid systems.

Some inverters have timers to help with various schemes of power delivery.

Does anyone know if there is a way to set a minimum voltage/wattage limit when the power saving mode is on... on an MPP all-in-one LV2424 unit? When it is on it pulsates power when I plug in something piddly, like a single LED bulb, probably because it is not enough of a load to justify using the inverter when in that setting. But low useage like that will be my reality.
Or, is having power saving mode on silly, is there not much power saving happening? It seems to me that that inverter (and fans) are constantly running even when the sun is down and it ain't working hard or getting hot. To me, long term life, that can't be good.
Eventually ill have to pour over the manuals for those inverters to see what they can and cant do.

Its in the manual somewhere?

If it does not have a setting, some people use a switch on a night light or other load that brings it up to that level when on.

Kindof clunky but if you dont draw 3-12 watt (depending on inverter) it wont come on in powersave. Power consumption on some of these units is 30-50W and is higher than the daily household consumption innsome cases just to keep an inverter on!

A 3w standby and 3w wakeup to full power with momentary delay is the reason i spend customer money on outback gear..... its gold to have this type operation especially with micro off grid systems.

Some inverters have timers to help with various schemes of power delivery.
Ahh, smart. Thanks for that.

If you wanted to automate it, a battery operated timer that can switch ac to the small load could keep the inverter on during certain hours. I use them wired to the house battery, 24v timer 120v relay in a digital multi event timer. Possibly some gadgetry is available that would plug in and take AA/AAA rechargables to run the timer and relay.

I don't think I ever saw anything about power saving mode. Is it in the manual? I didn't see it on the LCD display menu. How do you turn it On?

I don't think I ever saw anything about power saving mode. Is it in the manual? I didn't see it on the LCD display menu. How do you turn it On?
Option 4, set it to SEN . Default is disabled. I am looking for a way to turn the fan off, I am worried my 200w of panels will all be used to keep the inverter running and not gently charge the battery.

My Option 4 is 50/60 hz ?? Model is HV LV2424. Is there a firmware update??

Option 4, set it to SEN . Default is disabled. I am looking for a way to turn the fan off, I am worried my 200w of panels will all be used to keep the inverter running and not gently charge the battery.
I have the PIP 812 LV-MS(12 volt) With the inverter on and Option 4 disabled the fan will turn off when there is no load on it.

I have the PIP 812 LV-MS(12 volt) With the inverter on and Option 4 disabled the fan will turn off when there is no load on it.
I have the standby mode set (which seems to flash the LED on my power strip should the inverter be on). I had no load and about 40w of solar coming in at the very end of the day. When it finally went dark outside, the fan turned off. I am not sure it was needed to handle 40w of incoming solar? I know people have said they fans on this thing is noisy but I am OK with that because it's in the garage.

I have the standby mode set (which seems to flash the LED on my power strip should the inverter be on). I had no load and about 40w of solar coming in at the very end of the day. When it finally went dark outside, the fan turned off. I am not sure it was needed to handle 40w of incoming solar? I know people have said they fans on this thing is noisy but I am OK with that because it's in the garage.
The batteries need to reach fully charged in order for the fan to shut off during the daytime. The inverter can also be on with no load and the fan will remain off. So.....if it's charging or has a load the fan will run. I guess in "Standby mode" it actually turns the inverter off.

I think I am having the same problem with my 2424LV. My manual doesn't have a #4 setting documented so I don't know what each of options means:
5d5
not. (The t is a vertical line with a horizontal line coming out st the center of it)
SEN

It has been a cloudy day so the batteries are showing as constantly charging with 24.5v

Back