diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar Inverter Whine only when driving at 40-48mph

We’re the panels on the van before the noise started happening?
No, I have tried duct taping all the unused mounting holes in the bottom of the solar panels, but the noise is still present. Not sure if it is actual panels themselves vibrating but have not seen any information on other forums of that occurring.

Maybe check and make sure all your roof connections, including cables are all tightened down? Maybe it's the cables under the panels and the sound is traveling down the cables and that's why it sounds like it's coming from the inverter?
I duct taped and zip tied all the cables to the van roof. Still no luck:(

No, I have tried duct taping all the unused mounting holes in the bottom of the solar panels, but the noise is still present. Not sure if it is actual panels themselves vibrating but have not seen any information on other forums of that occurring.
I guess it’s possible they could be vibrating.

Thank you everyone for your help. I have solved the issue after many failed attempts! For anyone else that is using Unistrut mounted to a Promaster that runs into the issue the source of the whine is resolved by putting duct tape beneath the mounting brackets and the Unistrut where they are joined.

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
Back