diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar LV6548 APP

jasonhc73

Cat herder, and dog toy tosser.
The App is "WatchPower".
I have no idea what I did to make it finally work, but it does now and this is the first time I've had the chance to see it working.

No pretty graphs, just a lot of text data.

You do get a basic topography image, and you can adjust the settings, and verify on the other one the settings took.

Screenshot_20210317-141113_WatchPower.jpgScreenshot_20210317-141104_WatchPower.jpg

Screenshot_20210317-140341_WatchPower.jpgScreenshot_20210317-140348_WatchPower.jpgScreenshot_20210317-140354_WatchPower.jpgScreenshot_20210317-140359_WatchPower.jpgScreenshot_20210317-140429_WatchPower.jpgScreenshot_20210317-140439_WatchPower.jpgScreenshot_20210317-140450_WatchPower.jpgScreenshot_20210317-140541_WatchPower.jpg

The App is "WatchPower".
I have no idea what I did to make it finally work, but it does now and this is the first time I've had the chance to see it working.

No pretty graphs, just a lot of text data.

You do get a basic topography image, and you can adjust the settings, and verify on the other one the settings took.

View attachment 41391View attachment 41390

View attachment 41381View attachment 41382View attachment 41383View attachment 41384View attachment 41385View attachment 41386View attachment 41387View attachment 41388
I have found that with the embedded wireless in my LV6548, the android watchtower app, the bluetooth BMS and JKpower app, and the bluetooth Victron smart shunt, and AiLi battery shunt, i get plenty of the info I need to manage my system. I especially like the Victron historical data. The front screen on the inverter is useless. Watchpower is much easier to use.

I bought a Raspberry Pi 4 for the inverter, to use Jblance github code, but so far its not really a requirement for me.
I will use it anyway, but for the BMS so I can send alerts if a cell is not behaving.

I have found that the inverter control panel has info that the WatchPower app doesn't have, and also vice-versa. Almost like you need both.

I hate the control panel doesn't show combined PV input, it only gives you input wattage of each array.

I also hate WatchPower doesn't show the PV produced by Day/Mon/Year/Total, but the control panel does.

The graph on the WatchPower app doesn't work for me at all. Worthless.

The refresh rate on the WatchPower app is Worthless. Seems to be every 5 minutes or so? How is that at all usefull?

@DanF said it right, the app is only good for changing settings. Not for monitoring of any kind.

I have found that the inverter control panel has info that the WatchPower app doesn't have, and also vice-versa. Almost like you need both.

I hate the control panel doesn't show combined PV input, it only gives you input wattage of each array.

I also hate WatchPower doesn't show the PV produced by Day/Mon/Year/Total, but the control panel does.

The graph on the WatchPower app doesn't work for me at all. Worthless.

The refresh rate on the WatchPower app is Worthless. Seems to be every 5 minutes or so? How is that at all usefull?

@DanF said it right, the app is only good for changing settings. Not for monitoring of any kind.
I am going to put those small PV watt meters in line with each PV input to the inverter.

I realize this may be obvious to everyone else. Regardless, where can I find the PN number that the app requires for registration?

Thank you, got it.
I think the integrated wireless is one of the best aspects of the LV6548. Since it integrates with your home wireless, tou can monitor it from anywhere.

I am going to hook up my Heltec BMS with a Raspberry Pi and Jblance github code to try and get that to work the same way.

I have the 2424 version and it came with SolarPower. It also sorta works on Windows 10 laptop. :p
Hi iamrich, I also have the MPPT 2424lv-MDS controller/inverter, but it only came with a CD and a 3 cord. Instructions suck big time and give up on it. You mentioned you are using Solar Power or Watch Power as a wireless interface between your 2424 and your computer router.

Where can I find more information on either of those products?

Hi iamrich, I also have the MPPT 2424lv-MDS controller/inverter, but it only came with a CD and a 3 cord. Instructions suck big time and give up on it. You mentioned you are using Solar Power or Watch Power as a wireless interface between your 2424 and your computer router.

Where can I find more information on either of those products?
My laptop is plugged directly into the LV2424 using a USB cable.

1623150543592.png

I think the integrated wireless is one of the best aspects of the LV6548. Since it integrates with your home wireless, tou can monitor it from anywhere.

I am going to hook up my Heltec BMS with a Raspberry Pi and Jblance github code to try and get that to work the same way.
Hi Sanwizard - I'm having a hard time finding a wireless system to monitor my LV2424. Hopefully, it is similar to your LV6548. Note I don't know if I'm using the right terminology for my question.

You mentioned you have the "integrated wireless is one of the best aspects of the LV6548". Where Can I find more information about it. - I'm getting so tired of going outside to check my MPPT LED screen to check on its status.

I dont think the LV2424 comes with an integrated Wifi module. I would contact PIP MPP and ask them if there is an option for it. If not, you may have to use the Raspberry Pi route, and download Jblance's code from Github, and connect via cables.

Hi Sanwizard - I'm having a hard time finding a wireless system to monitor my LV2424. Hopefully, it is similar to your LV6548. Note I don't know if I'm using the right terminology for my question.

You mentioned you have the "integrated wireless is one of the best aspects of the LV6548". Where Can I find more information about it. - I'm getting so tired of going outside to check my MPPT LED screen to check on its status.
The LV6548 has a built in wifi transmitter.

Bearing same enclosure design as the MAX series, the LV6548 also inherits many of the same characteristics from MAX, including:

• high PV input 250V (Voc)
  • batteryless operation (single unit mode only)
  • parallel up to 6 units
  • built-in WIFI transmitter
  • built-in parallel kits
  • Dual PV input
  • BMS support (Pylontech, Weco, Soltaro)*
  • Timer output & charging control

Back