diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar PIP3024GK 24v with only 500w of panels.

sto

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...20.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.256e3e5fZ8omtG

I'm looking for an All in One solution for a camper I've been building.
I've got 2x250w panels on the roof. See image.
qoY8P1J.jpg

I'm planning on building a XUBA 8s1p 280ah bank with a Chargery 8s200a BMS.

However I'm trying to figure out if these two panels will be enough voltage to work with this AIO
I'm a bit of a newbie so still trying to wrap my head around the PV input requirements.

Many thanks for your help.

I think there are better places to buy them than Ali.

I'm not sure if it's that one, but there are complaints with MPP Solar AIO units about CONSTANT fan noise.

500W should be fine with that AIO as well as any SCC capable of 30A or more.

I think there are better places to buy them than Ali.

I'm not sure if it's that one, but there are complaints with MPP Solar AIO units about CONSTANT fan noise.

500W should be fine with that AIO as well as any SCC capable of 30A or more.
Thanks kindly for the reply, I really appreciate it. I was considering replacing the fans with some silent PC fans ( have a bunch of expensive silent fans ).

Where would you recommend to buy other than Ali?
I guess I should mention that I'm located in Australia.

I think this part of the manual confused me regarding the minimum requirements for panels for this unit.
QfnfQeS.png

The VOC should be higher than the start-up-voltage?

I wouldn't muck with the fans unless you're 100% certain you're getting the same CFM for a given voltage. I'd buy something that only runs fans when needed.

Not sure, but I'd check with MPP solar direct to see if they have a distributor in your area:

I think this part of the manual confused me regarding the minimum requirements for panels for this unit.
QfnfQeS.png

The VOC should be higher than the start-up-voltage?

Yes, you are correct. I didn't recognize that model and that atypical requirement. On that basis alone, this is a very poor choice for your application.

Yes, you are correct. I didn't recognize that model and that atypical requirement. On that basis alone, this is a very poor choice for your application.
Darn.
I was hoping it would work so I could eventually use the Unit when I purchase a property, hahah oh well. I'm so grateful that you have spared your time to help me. Really appreciate it.

Do you have a recommendation for something in it's place that is more suitable?

Back