diy solar

diy solar

Seeking Advice on DIY Solar Setup with Hyundai M240MG Panels and POW-HVM4.5K-24V Inverter

adamericson

Hello,

I hope this message finds you all well! I'm in the stages of planning my DIY solar project and could use some guidance on the components I've gathered so far.

Here's a quick rundown of what I have:

1. **Hyundai M240MG Panels:** I have the opportunity to purchase up to 64 units at a reasonable price of $8.5 per panel, they are 12 years old.
2. **Inverter:** I've ordered a POW-HVM4.5K-24V inverter and it should arrive this week.
3. **Batteries:** I've received for free two used Hawker ARMASAFE Plus Batteries. While I know they're not leisure batteries, I've read that the inverter and MPPT can function without batteries as well and I have no problem using grid power if I cant use them for long..

Given these components, I'm seeking advice on the following:

1. **Panel Quantity:** With the Hyundai M240MG panels, how can I determine the optimal number to purchase considering the very low price and over-panneling?, I have plenty of roof space for them, I will build a mount for them and they can face multiple directions.
2. **Inverter Compatibility:** Is the POW-HVM4.5K-24V a suitable match for the Hyundai panels, and are there any specific considerations I should keep in mind during installation?
3. **Battery Usage:** While I have the Hawker batteries, I'm contemplating whether it's necessary to incorporate them into my setup. Are there advantages or disadvantages to using them with this specific inverter and solar panel combination?

I'm eager to learn from your experiences and insights. If you've had success with a similar setup or if you have expertise with the mentioned components, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help! I'm looking forward to making informed decisions and bringing my DIY solar project to fruition.

I am not based in the US , and I've used chatgpt to help me write this as my English isn't the best.
I have about 7 hours of sun on average.

this is the 2nd solar array I'm building I have one on my Motorhome.

Best regards,
Adam Ericson

Hello,

I hope this message finds you all well! I'm in the stages of planning my DIY solar project and could use some guidance on the components I've gathered so far.

Here's a quick rundown of what I have:

1. **Hyundai M240MG Panels:** I have the opportunity to purchase up to 64 units at a reasonable price of $8.5 per panel, they are 12 years old.
2. **Inverter:** I've ordered a POW-HVM4.5K-24V inverter and it should arrive this week.
3. **Batteries:** I've received for free two used Hawker ARMASAFE Plus Batteries. While I know they're not leisure batteries, I've read that the inverter and MPPT can function without batteries as well and I have no problem using grid power if I cant use them for long..

Given these components, I'm seeking advice on the following:

1. **Panel Quantity:** With the Hyundai M240MG panels, how can I determine the optimal number to purchase considering the very low price and over-panneling?, I have plenty of roof space for them, I will build a mount for them and they can face multiple directions.
2. **Inverter Compatibility:** Is the POW-HVM4.5K-24V a suitable match for the Hyundai panels, and are there any specific considerations I should keep in mind during installation?
3. **Battery Usage:** While I have the Hawker batteries, I'm contemplating whether it's necessary to incorporate them into my setup. Are there advantages or disadvantages to using them with this specific inverter and solar panel combination?

I'm eager to learn from your experiences and insights. If you've had success with a similar setup or if you have expertise with the mentioned components, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help! I'm looking forward to making informed decisions and bringing my DIY solar project to fruition.

I am not based in the US , and I've used chatgpt to help me write this as my English isn't the best.
I have about 7 hours of sun on average.

this is the 2nd solar array I'm building I have one on my Motorhome.

Best regards,
Adam Ericson
Hi Adan,
How did you get with you project?
I also have this model coming tomorrow...

POW-HVM4.5K-24V
Nominal power: 4,500 W
MPPT voltage range: 55-450 V DC
Output voltage: 24 V
PV Max. Charging current: 130 A
Max. AC input voltage: 300 V

I washed a youtube talking about same device like yours saying the MPPT inverter doesn't work without battery.
Well I order a Lifepo4 200ah 24v in amazon expected to come next week.

I planning to buy 8 panels but don't know how many Watts to get the maximum from them it will be my first array.
I have a little tools house in muy garden with space for 4 panels each side of the roof.

I don't know how to dimension them to get the best possible, I reading and looking youtube some people
Talking to setup 4S2P Array so we will see.

Does some one in the forum give me ideas what is best for the...
POW-HVM4.5K-24V
4S2P total 8 panels
1 Lifepo4 200ah 24v

Thanks

Back