diy solar

diy solar

MPPSolar LV 3KVA-24V Inverter-Charger Error Code 08

This code as appeared 2 times and then seemed to reset. Then, on third appearance it will not reset. I have switched it off and on to try and reset. NoGo. As a result no charging or inverting is possible.

The manual indicates this is a DC bus overcharge but it seems to be out of my control to address.

Is anyone familiar with this and can offer any suggested steps to fix? I have also submitted a support ticket to MPPSolar but thought I would reach out to the forum in case there was some experience available.... Pat
Hi PatD,
This is the first post ever for me anywhere.
I read with interest your posting. I have just installed my own PV system, 10 x 400w panels producing around 360vdc. I have 4 x 12 batteries configured as 24vdc. The Inverter came from a company called SNATerm but its the same unit as many others like Powland, Sunmart,Easun and PowMr to name just a few. I finished the installation yesterday with something of a sense of achievement. It didnt last long. I had a audible warning within an hour with the "08" Error. Manual says it has to be returned to service department. I managed a reset by powering everthing down and back up again but it didnt last long and just like your experience its no longer charging or inverting. I'd be intersted to hear if you get any results on a fix. I am waiting for the supplier to respond but thats China so i'm not hopefull.

This code as appeared 2 times and then seemed to reset. Then, on third appearance it will not reset. I have switched it off and on to try and reset. NoGo. As a result no charging or inverting is possible.

The manual indicates this is a DC bus overcharge but it seems to be out of my control to address.

Is anyone familiar with this and can offer any suggested steps to fix? I have also submitted a support ticket to MPPSolar but thought I would reach out to the forum in case there was some experience available.... Pat
When I have this error on my 48v system, I shut off the battery and charging circuit. The inverter will then shut down. Turn on battery. Reset battery. Turn on inverter. Then turn on charging circuit. My error shows up at different times. Even when 90% charged, and pv of only 293 v. Happened a few times recently. Leaving charging circuit off while I'm away.

Back