diy solar

diy solar

MPPSolar LV 3KVA-24V Inverter-Charger Error Code 08

PatD

This code as appeared 2 times and then seemed to reset. Then, on third appearance it will not reset. I have switched it off and on to try and reset. NoGo. As a result no charging or inverting is possible.

The manual indicates this is a DC bus overcharge but it seems to be out of my control to address.

Is anyone familiar with this and can offer any suggested steps to fix? I have also submitted a support ticket to MPPSolar but thought I would reach out to the forum in case there was some experience available.... Pat

This code as appeared 2 times and then seemed to reset. Then, on third appearance it will not reset. I have switched it off and on to try and reset. NoGo. As a result no charging or inverting is possible.

The manual indicates this is a DC bus overcharge but it seems to be out of my control to address.

Is anyone familiar with this and can offer any suggested steps to fix? I have also submitted a support ticket to MPPSolar but thought I would reach out to the forum in case there was some experience available.... Pat
Think about changing your thread title to be more descriptive…

Have you opened it up and checked the internal fuses? If a fuse is blown it'll never reset itself.

Also, have you tried pinging Ian at watts247?

@PatD what does the manual have to say about error code 08?
Can you post a link to the manual?
If the manual doesn't expand on the error code hopefully the vendor can?

@PatD what does the manual have to say about error code 08?
Can you post a link to the manual?
If the manual doesn't expand on the error code hopefully the vendor can?
Here is a page from the manual PIP-LV 3KVA manual-20200907 with the fault codes... note the fault I get is 08

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.20.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.20.46 AM.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 47
Here is a page from the manual PIP-LV 3KVA manual-20200907 with the fault codes... note the fault I get is 08
I think that error is saying that the ac voltage is too high?
Do you have a way to independently verify the ac voltage?
Is this unit in any way combined with another ac voltage source?
Special measures must be taken to have to ac power sources on the same wire.

I did notice that the AC voltage registering on the panel when the generator was connected was ranging from 119-123V. Could this be the reason for the code? Maybe my generator is not producing a consistent (or consistent enough) AC voltage?

I did notice that the AC voltage registering on the panel when the generator was connected was ranging from 119-123V. Could this be the reason for the code? Maybe my generator is not producing a consistent (or consistent enough) AC voltage?
120VAC is perfect 119-123 is no problem at all.
Unless of course you in a country that has mains voltage of 100, 220-250VAC.
Are you in North America?

Let me add that the voltage should not be oscillating from 119-123 quickly, that could a sign of a problem.

West Kootenays in British Columbia. I posted my configuration in my profile.
I would have never thought to look there :)

Current Solar System
MPP Solar LV3KVA-24V (110Vac 2400w 24V Solar Power inverter 80a MPPT solar charger 60a battery charger) with remote wifi purchased separately.)
16 LiFePO4 (Bosan-NEW) cells is 8S2P config.
8S BMS - Overkill with Bluetooth
4 - 435W Solar panels in 2S2P config (attempting to manage shading)

Residential voltage in Canada and the United States is 120/240VAC split phase.
If your inverter actually outputs 110VAC that should work fine.
If its configured for 110VAC and outputs 119-123VAC that is a bit off.

Is there any other voltage source sharing the wire, like the power company for example?
BTW 8s2p is actually two discrete batteries, each with its own bms.
Perhaps you have 2p8s?

I am exclusively off grid. No local power utility available.
Its configured to accept 120V AC as input. MPP charge controller can be configured for either 110 or 120V
and yes. 2P8 S is correct. 16 cells connected as 8 serial groups of 2 parallel cells

It is a gas powered generator 60hz 120V output. As mentioned in earlier post the MPP display indicated it was receiving between 119 and 124V input before the Code 08 appeared and shut down the charge controller and the inverter. It reset 2 times and on the 3rd time if would not reset and I had to disconnect the battery bank to reset.

Do you have the same all_in_one?
Do you get the same error?
Are you using an ac generator as a charge source?
I just posted a new thread on my setup and issue.
I get #8 (bus overvoltage in one place, internal component failure in another spot in the manual)
I am not using a generator I have issue when I connect to grid, and sometimes when not.

I actually do not have the same unit once i looked again, I have the LVX 6048

What is the max voltage the solar charge controller can accept?
What is the open circuit voltage product for each string?
I wonder if you are getting an over voltage on the pv bus.

Back