diy solar

diy solar

Mt50

Northernmeadow

I purchased a Epever an3210 with mt50 remote meter. I've watched a lot of Williams videos, bought the book and Read lots. I'm looking for a more in depth explanation of the parameter settings and what they mean.

What do you need? Battery settings? Depends on your batteries. Line feed settings?

I have flooded lead acid batteries and would
Like to know more about the equalizing and the boost. How it actually works. Is it total amperage they are asking for or single?

If batteries are in series, they are wanting total volt settings. I am guessing you have a 24 volt setup?

Hi Northernmeado, I understand your question as I've had the same experience. I've done all the research you have. Watched the videos, read Will's book, spent countless hours on solar forums and like you, I've yet to find anyone who goes in to detail explaining the parameter settings for the epevers charge controllers. Everyone pretty much just says to set it to one of the defaults listed below for your battery type and forget it, but I'm like you. I like to understand a little more about what exactly these setting are. Like you say "a more in depth explanation". I'm really surprised no one has done that. At least no one I've found.

settings2.png

The setting info that you need needs to be based on your battery manufacturer. I have the epever 40 amp bn series with the mt50 controller. Best info you can get is from the guys that made your batteries.

Back