diy solar

diy solar

Multiplus 24/2000- grid back feed?

pda1

I purchased a Victron Multiplus 24/2000 inverter. It hasn't arrived yet.
I'm concerned that it'll backfeed the grid though it seems there are some settings that'll prevent that.

In other words- with the grid AC feeding into the Multiplus (and also my BB batteries connected to it) I want to make certain in the even of the grid shutting off (Loss of Mains) that the MP wont feed AC back into the grid.

What do you think?

I purchased a Victron Multiplus 24/2000 inverter. It hasn't arrived yet.
I'm concerned that it'll backfeed the grid though it seems there are some settings that'll prevent that.

In other words- with the grid AC feeding into the Multiplus (and also my BB batteries connected to it) I want to make certain in the even of the grid shutting off (Loss of Mains) that the MP wont feed AC back into the grid.

What do you think?

The only chance they have of backfeeding is if powerassist is activated for a very heavy load, and the load is completely cut off. The inverter could backfeed for a fraction of a second. In normal operation, this rarely happens.

I've never heard of this being an issue, but based on the way it works, I think it's possible.

With powerassist disabled, no way.

See your other thread.

I don't know but this I'll say, from what I've read in the convoluted explanations of the matter, there will be no back-feed UNLESS certain settings are made- ones that require a complex arrangement.

I don't know but this I'll say, from what I've read in the convoluted explanations of the matter, there will be no back-feed UNLESS certain settings are made- ones that require a complex arrangement.

I didn't feel like that was convoluted. :p

When in PowerAssist mode, it's boosting the incoming AC power. The unit will initially grab a large chunk of the load to prevent overloading the input, but it will "relax" it's boost until it's closer to the input AC limit. If a heavy load is immediately removed when PowerAssist is grabbing the initial "lion's share" of the load, then there's a chance the unit can backfeed very very briefly.

I can't say that this is the case for certain, but I suspect it is. I've made a post on Victron's forum for more info.

Back