diy solar

diy solar

Multiplus II 48/5000/70-95 120v

Simpleone71

I have a couple of questions that I can't not seem to get my head wrapped around. I will be hiring an election for this, but do like to understand things fairly well so I can talk with the election somewhat intelligently and also not be ripped off.

I purchased the Multiplus II 48/500/70-95 120v and will be having it tied in via a 30 amp, 6 circuit transfer switch. I am only going to run some essentials and have maybe 5 rooms connected to the transfer switch, but will be running those things off my batteries/solar on a daily basis.

The manual says to run AWG 2 with 95 A breaker (I will not be using power assist as I will likely never even come close to the regular output of the unit). I also will not be using the AC 2 output.

The AC in has a L1, PE, N. Since I will be running on the inverter side of things always, I am not looking to do any power pass through either. So would it be ok to just use a smaller AWG and then use a 70 amp breaker to match the wire size? I would only be using around 50a to charge the batteries on cloudy days at night. (I have 4 5.12kWh EG4LL-s batteries)

Any suggestions to my inverter setup above that you might would suggest to change?

Yes you can use a smaller gauge wire and appropriate circuit breaker if you know your not using the power assist function (which is really adds battery power to your AC In power, like if you have a small generator connected and you need to run a larger load).

I just used the wiring from my prior system which was 4awg wire and a 60a breaker.

Thanks, I think I have watched all your videos that you made when you switched to the Victrons (and you do a great job of explaining things). You are the only person with videos on the 5kVA model that I bought to help future proof me for any direction I may want to go in the future. I am wanting to do like your setup where the AC in is disconnected other than to recharge the batteries on days that the solar is not able to.

Thanks, I think I have watched all your videos that you made when you switched to the Victrons (and you do a great job of explaining things). You are the only person with videos on the 5kVA model that I bought to help future proof me for any direction I may want to go in the future. I am wanting to do like your setup where the AC in is disconnected other than to recharge the batteries on days that the solar is not able to.
Glad they help!

Back