diy solar

diy solar

My 44kW vertical and bifacial set in Finland.

if you parallel them together , your sense problem will also be solved, as the master comms the measurements to the slave(s).
i found the CT's to be rather inaccurate, no matter what direction i point the arrow.
could be due to the amount of cable ( magnetics fields) and space i had in my incomming powerpannel

did away with the ct's completely and put in a eastron sdm630 modbus v2.
looks better, works extremely precise and used modbus, with runs fine over longer distances and utilizes cat6 cable
I think I can't parallel because of different battery chemistries?

They should change my meter for a bidirectional one. Maybe there is a CT output? Maybe far-fetched, but if there is, it should be accurate.

Are your CT readings positive when you buy from grid and negative when you sell?

I think I can't parallel because of different battery chemistries?

They should change my meter for a bidirectional one. Maybe there is a CT output? Maybe far-fetched, but if there is, it should be accurate.

Are your CT readings positive when you buy from grid and negative when you sell?
like i said, went all over the place, replaced after a day for a eateon ( which is fully supported btw)

indeed if you parallel , you need both inverters hooked up to the same battery ( bank), and not just that, the cable pathes to both inverters should be exactly the same size.

like i said, went all over the place, replaced after a day for a eateon ( which is fully supported btw)
I mean what are your CT readings now when have better sensor (buying positive and selling negative or the other way around)? From that I can determine which way I should install my CTs. Now my readings are negative when I buy from grid and I suspect they should be positive, but can't be sure as manual doesn't tell me anything.

Sunshine!
20230329_111915.jpg

Around 9am saw 14,5kW yield from one Bluesun inverter. That's from 11,2kWp panels and would mean 57kW out of 44kWp set (=130%). I kind of expected something like this with fresh snow in the ground, maybe just not that early in the morning, but firstly my Deyes can output only 13,6kW each and secondly I can't find suitable setting to even come close to that with Deyes. I have tried "selling first" and "zero export to CT" with "solar sell" enabled and "load first" energy pattern, but after my batteries get full, production goes almost zero. Don't understand why it is going off grid if sell is enabled. Also don't like how it is charging my 3x 5kWh Lifepos with high current at that high SOC. Bluesuns as being GT inverters always work at their maximum level.
20230329_141541.jpg

You need more batteries :)
That's going to help, but I don't understand why Deyes even care about my batteries. If "selling first" or "solar sell" with "zero export to CT" is enabled, why would it care anything about my batteries. I mean even while charging batteries, but even more after charging those full, Deyes should just sell excess PV to grid???

Maybe these threads can help:

Apologies if this doesn't help, I'm not familiar with DEYE at all...

Last edited:
Apologies if this doesn't help, I'm not familiar with DEYE at all...
Watching those videos I think the reason might be my CT sensors that are 75m away. I'm waiting Deye people to reply.

Today I charged the batteries full and then removed batteries (ticked a box in the program). The rest of the day Deyes worked like a GT inverter.

-21C (-6F) in the morning and clear sky for the whole day. Both Deyes tripped once because of DC over voltage which means I have to make some changes to my array later this year.

Fresh snow from yesterday evening and just under 0C (32F) even in the afternoon. Pretty much ideal weather for my setup. This graph is from my Bluesuns with 21,7kWp.
20230330 SmartClient.jpg

If my Deyes ever start to work as they should, this graph should be doubled which would mean ~330kWh daily yield. Today they did ~120kWh, so even now total yield was 290kWh. HOPEFULLY there's no snow left in the summer which will reduce yield, but then effective daylight is 4-6 hours longer, so hard to tell which way it is going to go.

Sunshine!
View attachment 141898

Around 9am saw 14,5kW yield from one Bluesun inverter. That's from 11,2kWp panels and would mean 57kW out of 44kWp set (=130%). I kind of expected something like this with fresh snow in the ground, maybe just not that early in the morning, but firstly my Deyes can output only 13,6kW each and secondly I can't find suitable setting to even come close to that with Deyes. I have tried "selling first" and "zero export to CT" with "solar sell" enabled and "load first" energy pattern, but after my batteries get full, production goes almost zero. Don't understand why it is going off grid if sell is enabled. Also don't like how it is charging my 3x 5kWh Lifepos with high current at that high SOC. Bluesuns as being GT inverters always work at their maximum level.
View attachment 141901

Really interesting set up. It has been installed for a few months now, how do you think it's handling the wind ?

Do you think it will stand the test of time

Back