diy solar

diy solar

MY JK BMS is mis behaving.

pablo131

Hi all, here is a copy of what I sent to Fogstar this morning.

firstly, I hope you are all well.
I purchased a Smart BMS JK-B2A8S20P with Active Balancer 200A (4S-8S) on 29th July. Order #270442

It has been working well but since this morning I cannot access any of the the pages on my mobile phone via the bluetooth app (cell voltages, charge etc etc), The device keeps asking me to make a pair and wants the password. I have tried the password and of course there is nothing to pair.
Cancel just takes me back to the start.
I have switched the BMS off and back on via the switch. I even uninstalled the app and re installed it on my phone.
I live in a quiet residential address and there is no one else with solar, let alone batteries/bms etc so why does it want to make a pair?

please see photos of my mobile phone.

Help!

Best wishes,

Paul Good

Any ideas most welcome.

Attachments

• DSCN8935.JPG
    DSCN8935.JPG
    946.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN8937.JPG
    DSCN8937.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • DSCN8939.JPG
    DSCN8939.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • DSCN8941.JPG
    DSCN8941.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Some bluetooth pairings fail if there are other pairings already in existence on the phone, fix is to delete all current pairs and then reboot and try pairing again.

Some bluetooth pairings fail if there are other pairings already in existence on the phone, fix is to delete all current pairs and then reboot and try pairing again.
I only have the one JK bms hooked up. It has worked everyday up until this point. I uninstalled the app and re installed it. Still no go. I do not want to make a pair anyway. I just want this jk effing bms to talk to the app on my phone without asking me to make a pair. head scratching.

I purchased a Smart BMS JK-B2A8S20P with Active Balancer 200A (4S-8S) on 29th July. Order #270442

It has been working well but since this morning I cannot access any of the the pages on my mobile phone via the bluetooth app (cell voltages, charge etc etc), The device keeps asking me to make a pair and wants the password. I have tried the password and of course there is nothing to pair.
I have switched the BMS off and back on via the switch. I even uninstalled the app and re installed it on my phone.
I live in a quiet residential address and there is no one else with solar, let alone batteries/bms etc so why does it want to make a pair?

Help!

Best wishes,

Paul Good

Any ideas most welcome.
I have the same time suck app pairing challenge on my android phone. It worked previously, and glad my setting got mostly dialed in to where I want em. I want to make screen pictures of all my setting, to have for my records, and might change one. ... I will study thread hoping for more fix it ideas. Already rebooted my android phone, and still have same issue. ... registered someone saying ..."uninstalled the app and re installed it" ... has same issue. I wonder if this might be from some new update of the app ??? noticed I am currently on V4.12.2 and former one was V4.16.1. ... Google Play Store shows this app was last updated Sept 23, 2023 (so not just updated from two or three weeks ago; as today is ... Oct 25, 2023) .

Has anyone tried Kommando's suggestion: "the fix is to delete all current pairs and then reboot and try pairing again." ... I might go there next. I will come back here when I figure this out.

UPDATE: WOW. FOUND MY FIX: for pairing password instead of using 123456 .. try "1234" as the pairing password. ...That just worked for me :+) 123456 was still my settings and control password. must say this app is a bit iffy on accepting passwords for me. I had to do the 123456 password a third time to get it to work. Glad it works good when it works. Doubt Will try changing password cause that did not work, and had fears of a bricked BMS then; but since read there is a trick to saving the passwork, or locking it in (that is not obvious). I would want a different password for a boat dock application, to protect against B.S. mischief. ... Best Wishes from Capt Bill

Last edited:

Help!

Best wishes,

Paul Good

Any ideas most welcome.
The pairing password is 1234

Back