diy solar

diy solar

My poor sungold inverter is surrounded by victron gear

Crowz

Solar Wizard
I just noticed tonight looking at my sungold 10kw inverter it has to feel like custer's last stand. Poor guy is completely surrounded by victron equipment.

2 victron battery chargers

2 victron shunts

victron 150/30 mppt

victron lynx boxes

ve direct cables for the above stuff

cerbos gx

bunch of victron boxes waiting to be opened

My cables are such a mess right now :(

Let me cheat and just show pieces so the rats nest of cables isn't shown :)

One sec.

Apparently I don't have a current pic. This is before I moved the solar disconnect breaker box getting ready for the one I ordered for the midnite solar breaker. Also the cerbos gx is to the right of this. I'll shoot some more when I get that box mounted.

victronstuffcutoff.jpg

Oh yes before anyone points it out, I have conduit but it went to my other house for the setup I did for my mother so this one wild west style for another two weeks probably.

Great idea for a thread, post pictures of your "functioning rats nest" 😅

Edit- I must say, when using separate components, especially Victron, its difficult to make it all look good. Victron needs to basically sit on a raceway. Use one of the E-Panels for other brands like Magnum or Schneider. I have made several attempts for a clean install and i still find things i could do differently, but i don't want to take it all down.

Last edited:
This is why I avoid Victron. They multiply on you when not paying attention and soon overwhelm other equipment like your poor lonely Sungold. And like most fast going weeds Victron is hard to eradicate. Once you get a bad infection, like you have, about all you can do is abandon all of it and walk away.

My OCD is hurtin' seeing dat photo :rolleyes: :LOL:
Oh its bad no doubt. Picture my OCD knowing I had everything laid out perfect and had to rip it all out when I switched inverters. All of my conduit and lighting that I had showing power flow is over at the other house now :(

Extra bonus points for alligator clips off the Power in :)
That one is a temp fix. I ran out of spots in the lynx distribution box you can't see in that pic and I can't bring myself to cut the ends off the charger the clips are coming from just yet. Its the lines from the 48v 5amp charger I bought to cancel the SNRE clones idle power drain.

This is why I avoid Victron. They multiply on you when not paying attention and soon overwhelm other equipment like your poor lonely Sungold. And like most fast going weeds Victron is hard to eradicate. Once you get a bad infection, like you have, about all you can do is abandon all of it and walk away.
I never realized till then just how much victron stuff I had. They seem to make the best support gear that I ran across so I kept buying the stuff.

Their buss bars rock. Also the small charge controllers seem pretty aggressive squeezing out power from small arrays.

The cerbo gx was the easiest way to connect all of the victron stuff to home assistant.

Yeah agree that the busbars and the shunts are very nice.
I'm personally not into all the loose cable on an Victron wall though if installing their whole range.

Yeah, the Power-In and the Distributor are cool.

diy solar

diy solar
Back