diy solar

diy solar

My Sol-Ark App has been disappointing....

piper18o

Migration has been completed to the My Sol-Ark app, and at this point, it really has been disappointing. Has anyone else noticed? Maybe they are still working on it, but I don't really trust it. The numbers it shows cannot be correct. For example, my pv production numbers have been identical to my load numbers everyday since the changeover. This morning, even before the sun came up, I was showing a production of 5 kw of solar for the day. I also showed a load of 5 kw, again identical to the pv numbers. Another thing, right after it was implemented, my production was somehow being throttled. With full sun at noon, I used to see production of 18 kw of solar. After the change I barely got 12 or 13kw for a number of days. That problem seems to have been rectified, but it certainly was disturbing to see for a while. I know the numbers are not accurate because I also use Solar Assistant. Maybe @Devin could enlighten us, but if anyone else has comments, I'd like to hear them.

I used Solar Assistant from my startup in early 2023 because I did not want to invest the time in learning PVPro if it was going away. Now I am a creature of habit and like all the charts in Solar Assistant. For me the MySolArk Interface is easier than PVPro for the few settings I cannot adjust in Solar Assistant.

The forum post link above has a lot of information. I would say it is the main thread on this. Carlos from Sol-Ark has responded as well, but there has been too little communication from the company otherwise.

diy solar

diy solar
Back