diy solar

diy solar

My Sungold SPH10048P / SRNE Clone adventures

Hasn't shipped yet so if its a bad one for some reason nows the time to chime in :)
Personally I think you'd get a lot more use out of this.
Limited-time deal: Jesverty DC Power Supply Variable, 0-60V 0-5A Adjustable Switching DC Regulated Bench Power Supply with High Precision 4-Digit LED Display, 5V/2A USB Port, Coarse and Fine Adjustment SPS-6005 https://a.co/d/0ahhA4rF

Edit to add, white led is even cheaper

Last edited:
Personally I think you'd get a lot more use out of this.
Limited-time deal: Jesverty DC Power Supply Variable, 0-60V 0-5A Adjustable Switching DC Regulated Bench Power Supply with High Precision 4-Digit LED Display, 5V/2A USB Port, Coarse and Fine Adjustment SPS-6005 https://a.co/d/0ahhA4rF

Edit to add, white led is even cheaper
Your killing me here. Ok that is ordered too. Both chargers will be here wednesday.

The other has no knobs. I have a wife, kids and grand-kids. Unattended knobs are a recipe for disaster around here :)

But I had been wanting one of those power supplies for some projects so I got both.

Wife, kids and grandkids (especially grandkids) are very expensive. Lots of demands and so little time.

I am tuned into your adventure (with Wife, kids and grandkids) it is an adventure. Lots of very important folks to satisfy.

Just so we are all on the same page (as other threads with this inverter are confusing), Are your SunGoldPower inverters low frequency or high frequency inverters?

The original SunGoldPower 10kw (SRNE clone) is an LF inverter and I have one which I am still picking apart the firmware and communications as well as closed loop vs open loop and in particular how battery charging is done while in closed loop.

Last edited:
Something else that may contribute or confuse....
With respect to my SunGoldPower 10kw (non parallel) I went back and forth with SunGoldPower support over a number of issues with respect to my desire to build software that would meet my needs and not rely on other third part software.

SunGoldPower provided the following:
【15】<【12】<【04】<【14】<【35】<【37】<【05】<【09】=【11】

Each of the above is a Menu Item and each item to the left must be equal to or less than the item to the right. There are several threads on this forum where the above was discussed, tried and ?????

Don't know if these menu items match with your inverter ....

Wife, kids and grandkids (especially grandkids) are very expensive. Lots of demands and so little time.

I am tuned into your adventure (with Wife, kids and grandkids) it is an adventure. Lots of very important folks to satisfy.

Just so we are all on the same page (as other threads with this inverter are confusing), Are your SunGoldPower inverters low frequency or high frequency inverters?

The original SunGoldPower 10kw (SRNE clone) is an LF inverter and I have one which I am still picking apart the firmware and communications as well as closed loop vs open loop and in particular how battery charging is done while in closed loop.
It's supposed to be high frequency. My tp6048 is a LF one but this one is supposed to be HF.

Whatever you test with has to have grid type power in (can be from any source aka your other inverters) and have a battery hook to it. That's about all that is required for the weirdness to set in :)

Without a grid source you can still spot it in sol or util mode. I don't think it will show up in sbu mode since its source from the battery for everything anyways.
I would have sworn I had some 12/3 laying around, of course I can't find it. I also don't have any wire nuts nuts big enough to Y the short sections of 8/3 or 6/3 I have and I don't want to cut my 10/3 roll shorter so the trial will have to wait until I get some bigger wire nuts or find the 12/3 when I'm not looking for it.

I'm pretty sure this is not correct.

They did make a low frequency 10KW a couple years ago, I can't find a link for it but did find the 24V version , I'm 99.9% certian it wasn't made by SRNE.

The current versions with dual MPPTs being discussed in this thread, parallel and non, are high frequency made by SRNE

It's supposed to be high frequency. My tp6048 is a LF one but this one is supposed to be HF.
I'm pretty sure this is not correct.

They did make a low frequency 10KW a couple years ago, I can't find a link for it but did find the 24V version , I'm 99.9% certian it wasn't made by SRNE.

The current versions with dual MPPTs being discussed in this thread, parallel and non, are high frequency made by SRNE
I guess I will have to open mine up. It weights a ton (over 80 lbs) which is normally an LF inverter due to the output transformer. I know mine easily handles an old (very old) 3 ton HVAC without blinking and the couple of APC uninterruptable power supplies I have do not event alarm (which they do if on the generator).

The other thing is normally HF inverters have lower idle power draw than LF inverters any mine draws around 1.3 amps at idle.

I don't know that I have seen an HF inverter where the spec said it could handle a 6HP motor.

Interesting....

Last edited:
Ok 15 kwh of batteries online now. Lets use em :)

I'm going to try to use the built in scheduling stuff to use the batteries from 4am till 8am. That way when it switches off the using of the batteries the sun will be waiting to top them off. Hopefully. Maybe. Who knows but I want to play with the new batteries !

Anyone using this feature? If so any gotchas to it?

I figure I set the time in the 1st slot and then set it to enabled. Anything else?

Ok 15 kwh of batteries online now. Lets use em :)

I'm going to try to use the built in scheduling stuff to use the batteries from 4am till 8am. That way when it switches off the using of the batteries the sun will be waiting to top them off. Hopefully. Maybe. Who knows but I want to play with the new batteries !

Anyone using this feature? If so any gotchas to it?

I figure I set the time in the 1st slot and then set it to enabled. Anything else?
Don't forget to set the times for the timer and system timer correctly 😉. I think section 5.5 of the manual explains it well, I haven't used this feature yet.

I have the system clock set. I'm going to try entering 4am to 8am in the 1st schedule slot in a few minutes and we will see how it does tomorrow. I'd run it earlier but I want the sun available after it gets done for charging.

Ok its set for 4am to 8am.

But since I don't have the guts to let it do that while I'm asleep without testing it first I set the 2nd slot to kick in at 9:30pm central time and run till 9:45pm central time.

So in 8 minutes it should kick in for 15 minutes as a test :)

Ok THIS IS SO DAMN COOL!!!!!

It slowly shifts over to the batteries. I guess its to prevent any flicker or ups's going off. But it very gradual as it changes to the battery in place of the grid. Took about 10 seconds to completely change over.

Test complete. I am officially impressed.

It shifted the power back to the grid a 1kw lumps. Super smooth.

Peak load on batteries was 4310 watts.

Averages were over 3kw.

The highest I have seen on it so far (not this test but earlier messing around) was a bit over 6500 watts.

diy solar

diy solar
Back