diy solar

diy solar

Nature’s Solar Generator - What do you think?

It weights over 400 lbs! it uses AGM 48V 100Ah batteries, 4800Wh so it is usable to about 2400Ah.

Battery​

Type: AGM Sealed Lead Acid
Capacity: 48V 100Ah (4800Wh)
Self-discharge: Recommend to recharge every 4 months

@Bud Martin , yep, you are right... battery is a down side. The interesting part is that if you want to expand battery and buy extra ones, all those extra will be lifep04. So why not already do the main module also with lifep04 ?
But looking spec, except by the battery, it is a really interesting setup and would fit perfect for my needs BUT I need to wait to see more people testing and using it in real life.
And it is heavy because of battery and probably because it has a transformer inside to be able to output 240V. That is my guess.

Let's see....... @Will Prowse need to put his hand on it and test it.

Last edited:
All SoGens (good acro, btw) have "sex appeal", and adding wheels is even sexier ... however, these are what I consider to be the numerous "strikes" against this particular unit, at this time:

1. AGM instead of LFP ... that sounds like the product was rushed to market, and at the very least, you want to wait until the 2.0 model, where they might fix this design flaw.

2. 1-year warranty ... you can't pay $3k for an item with only this short of a warranty period. 1-year or less warranties are for disposable things, like coffee pots, where you don't care if it dies after 6 months, because you only paid $100 for it. $3k needs a 3-year warranty or better. Look at SOK batteries from CurrentConnected, with upwards of a 10-yr warranty (IIRC), on a roughly $1500 item.

3. find a tear-down vid ... or wait for one. there's much going on inside that needs pondering.

Z. Will P. is right, of course ... you can build something much better, if there is any kind of DIY bone in your body. If you don't have such tendencies, that is where the sex appeal of these things comes into play, and if money is burning a hole in your pocket, then by all means buy two of them (one to use, one as a spare).

Aside from these, it appears to have a pretty good feature list. There were some support pages & docs on their website, but nothing of technical substance. Nothing about "error codes" or troubleshooting ... a bad sign. Once something gets in the hundreds of pounds range, you have to consider how it's getting RMA'd (freight shipping only?) ... there are no local service centers.

Hope this helps ...

Last edited:
All SoGens (good acro, btw) have "sex appeal", and adding wheels is even sexier ... however, these are what I consider to be the numerous "strikes" against this particular unit, at this time:

1. AGM instead of LFP ... that sounds like the product was rushed to market, and at the very least, you want to wait until the 2.0 model, where they might fix this design flaw.

2. 1-year warranty ... you can't pay $3k for an item with only this short of a warranty period. 1-year or less warranties are for disposable things, like coffee pots, where you don't care if it dies after 6 months, because you only paid $100 for it. $3k needs a 3-year warranty or better. Look at SOK batteries from CurrentConnected, with upwards of a 10-yr warranty (IIRC), on a roughly $1500 item.

3. find a tear-down vid ... or wait for one. there's much going on inside that needs pondering.

Z. Will P. is right, of course ... you can build something much better, if there is any kind of DIY bone in your body. If you don't have such tendencies, that is where the sex appeal of these things comes into play, and if money is burning a hole in your pocket, then by all means buy two of them (one to use, one as a spare).

Aside from these, it appears to have a pretty good feature list. There were some support pages & docs on their website, but nothing of technical substance. Nothing about "error codes" or troubleshooting ... a bad sign. Once something gets in the hundreds of pounds range, you have to consider how it's getting RMA'd (freight shipping only?) ... there are no local service centers.

Hope this helps ...
Yep, you guys are right. I tried to find more info about it and nope.. there is only 2 videos on Youtube about it. 1 from the company that sells it and 1 from a Youtuber.
So it is hard to just trust and as you said, $3000 is a lot of $$$$$$
But let see if by the end of the year if it will have more info.......

I wouldn't touch that unit. Not in a million years ? what in the world are they thinking. I can make something better in 30 minutes with one server rack battery and a LF inverter.
I was actually going to write you and see if you would give a review on Nature's Generator. But let me ask you think, between Ankers F3800 or others, where does this stand in regard to quality in your mind. I am assuming 'maybe' not much, but I was hoping you loathed this system for pricing not quality? Really interested in your review of their system if possible, but greater explanation would also be great to hear from you. Thanks for all you do BTW ! ! !

Back