diy solar

diy solar

Need a battery charger for a 24v bank. Can’t find one

Russelljw

I have a 24v bank consisting of 6 12 v agm.

I have a charger from a industrial hand truck but it won’t get the batteries over 26.2. Not enough ass I guess.

So when I get no sun and need to charge them I can use a gas generator to run a charger to charge them.

What product am I looking for?

Thank y’all soooo much!

Is this an inverter-based system? Which inverter are you using? It may have a dedicated battery-charging circuit? I have a 24V Schneider Conext 4024, and it has an ACin terminal block that I connect directly to a generator plug-in socket. I then just run a 4-prong electrical cord from the generator to the generator plug. The inverter accepts the incoming 240VAC generator power, and uses it to charge the batteries.
1645640007565.png

Is this an inverter-based system? Which inverter are you using? It may have a dedicated battery-charging circuit? I have a 24V Schneider Conext 4024, and it has an ACin terminal block that I connect directly to a generator plug-in socket. I then just run a 4-prong electrical cord from the generator to the generator plug. The inverter accepts the incoming 240VAC generator power, and uses it to charge the batteries.
View attachment 84961
It’s a reliable electric, 3000w
Don’t think it has a charger

It’s a reliable electric, 3000w
Don’t think it has a charger
Nope that one don’t. In Will‘s videos he says that he likes the Aims Power chargers. They will charge all chemistry batteries. So if you ever upgraded to LifePO4 you wouldn’t need to buy another. I own a Victron and like it.

Ai
Nope that one don’t. In Will‘s videos he says that he likes the Aims Power chargers. They will charge all chemistry batteries. So if you ever upgraded to LifePO4 you wouldn’t need to buy another. I own a Victron and like it.
Aims seems to only be /inverter so it’s pricey.
Is this too week.

I don’t know 37.5A seams quite a bit to me. I don’t know much about AGM batteries other then don’t over charge them or they go bad fast. I’ve never had good luck with AGM personally. I’m sure I was at fault though.

Back