diy solar

diy solar

Need help building a battery bank

RadarG

I am building a battery bank on a utility cart. Right now I have a 12v 100AH Lifeo4 hooked up to a DIHOOL Solar Panels 30 Amp Solar Disconnect Switch, Outdoor Small Breaker Box, Miniature Circuit Breaker with din Rail Enclosure going to a 12v to 24v buck convertor going to my delta pro. I have the battery hooked up to a 12v charger NOCO Genius GEN5X3, 3-Bank, 15A (5A/Bank) Smart Marine Battery Charger, during the day. When the sun goes down the charger and delta automatically disconnects from the wall. I walk over and flip the breaker feeding power into the solar input of the delta pro. So now I want to buy another 12v battery and run them in parallel or series. My over all goal is to get up to 1600watts of input into the delta pro. My goal is to have a DIY expandable cart that I can use to help the delta pro at night. Any suggestions? I think that I am using 8 and 12 gauge wire right now but I think I need thicker wires to the batteries. Right now the cart only provides 100w without the buck converter and about 380watts with the buck. Any help will be most welcome. Not having to flip the breaker with the sun goes down would be nice.

Back