diy solar

diy solar

Need Help planning - Solar & Battery in Los Angeles

mtymous

So I started with 1 Ecoflow Delta Pro since I wanted portability and taking it camping. The ability to power critical circuits in a brown out or power outage was the second biggest factor. Since then I've bought a second Delta Pro so that I can run my entire shop off of the 2 combined.

And then my obsession started. I was using them to charge off peak and save money with Time of Use. Then I had a 100w Foldable panel that was adding to it... Then I bought 4 Ecoflow 400w Rigid panels, but I'm maxed out on how much I can run into a single EF Delta Pro, and I don't want to just keep powering the Deltas and running extension cords, etc.

So now I'm trying to get a bit more permanent of a setup, but here are the kickers:

1) I'm military and I move every 4 years, so I would like to be able to take anything moveable with me (Charge Controller or Solar Inverter/Controller, panels, batteries, etc)
2) The house was built in the 70's, I'm renting, and it has the original breaker panel.. but I've convinced the property owner to upgrade the panel and add a transfer switch with 200 amp service
3) I'd like to get something like the EG4 PowerPro Wall Mount 14.3kWh 48v battery.
4) I want to be able to add my 2 EF Delta Pros to the setup as well
5) I don't want particularly want/need more than 5kW of PV or 25kWh of battery

So the question, Where do I start? I'm already looking to get 4-6 more 400w panels (not necessarily the EcoFlow brand, but the same size and output). I need a charge controller or Solar Inverter, but I cannot figure out how I could connect an EG4 PowerPro (or similar) and the Ecoflows as well to combine it all together.
a
Let me know what you think. I'm hoping to get something put together and installed by the end of fall.

Thanks in advance!

The Ecoflows are incompatible with the EG4 PowerPro battery.
You probably can't get a permit to install solar on a home if you're a renter. It's one of the first disqualification questions installers ask. I would start there and make sure it's even allowable before spending any money on it.

The Ecoflows are incompatible with the EG4 PowerPro battery.
You probably can't get a permit to install solar on a home if you're a renter. It's one of the first disqualification questions installers ask. I would start there and make sure it's even allowable before spending any money on it.
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not installing solar on the physical house. This is entirely separate from the house structure. I do have permission and working with the home owner to have a transfer switch and other components installed though. This would allow me to have those ciscuits completely grid disconnected (much like a standard generator).

Is there a way to integrate the ecoflow batteries into an off-grid/transfer switch system which already has a stand alone battery like the PowerPro?

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not installing solar on the physical house. This is entirely separate from the house structure. I do have permission and working with the home owner to have a transfer switch and other components installed though. This would allow me to have those ciscuits completely grid disconnected (much like a standard generator).

Is there a way to integrate the ecoflow batteries into an off-grid/transfer switch system which already has a stand alone battery like the PowerPro?
No, I don't see how. It is only compatible with other Ecoflows.

Back