diy solar

diy solar

Need Help Wiring my SOK 48V rack battery to Delta Pro.

DBarr

Hello and thanks in advance,
I have a Ecoflow Delta Pro that I would like to add capacity with a SOK 48V Rack Battery. 3S2P 250 watt panels, and a PowMr 60A charge controller.
My Question: Do I hook the SOK to the XT60i port of the Delta pro directly and charge the SOK with the Charge controller?
Do I hook the SOK to the Battery connection of the Charge controller and Delta Pro from the "LOAD" of the charge controller?
Do I hook both to the battery connection of the charge controller?
I have read that MPPT controllers don't like to be in parallel. So the later sounds bad. But I don't know for sure how to charge my Ecoflow Delta Pro and the SOK 48v rack battery with my solar panel setup and still have them connected for max capacity.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you again.

Just got my two new SOK 100amp 48v batteries. I hooked the two in parallel for 200amps. I am charging them with my PowMr 60a SSC. I attached the two delta pros via there XT60i ports directly to the batteries and everything seems to be working okay.
Two sets of 3S2P 250watt solar panels, Approximately 100v and 40amp. Those connect to the PV terminals of the PowMr 60a SSC, from the battery terminals of the SSC to batteries and with two XT60i connectors from batteries to Delta Pros. If anyone knows a better way please let me know. I was going to use the batteries separately for each DP but I only have one charge controller.

Just got my two new SOK 100amp 48v batteries. I hooked the two in parallel for 200amps. I am charging them with my PowMr 60a SSC. I attached the two delta pros via there XT60i ports directly to the batteries and everything seems to be working okay.
Two sets of 3S2P 250watt solar panels, Approximately 100v and 40amp. Those connect to the PV terminals of the PowMr 60a SSC, from the battery terminals of the SSC to batteries and with two XT60i connectors from batteries to Delta Pros. If anyone knows a better way please let me know. I was going to use the batteries separately for each DP but I only have one charge controller.
Just checking in to see if this is working for you. It seems that Ecoflow doesn't make it easy to add 3rd party batteries... does anybody have other ideas?

This has been working well so far. Every now and then the charge voltage will drop on one of the Deltas for several seconds then come back. This only happens during the daytime with sun.

I'm looking to do something similar. I've got 2 Delta Pros, a Smart Home Panel, and I bought a pallet of 385w panels. Originally, I was going to use 6 panels each for the DPs and figure some way to use another 12 panels for a DIY battery system. Then I saw the idea of charging the DPs from third party batteries and am rethinking to have 24 panels for the DIY batteries and they feed the DP's.

I figured if there was a way to feed 100v to the DP with the XT60i connector, then I could get the 1600 watt input with 15 amps.

Update: I have 2 of Ecoflow Delta Pros, 2 of SOK Rack batteries, and 2 MPPT Charge controllers and 12 Solar Panels (3 x 250w 38.4v in series and 2 sets in parallel) for 2 sets of (115.2V @ 1500 watts)
I was Hooking the 2 sets of solar panels in parallel, than to a charge controller, than to charge batteries and the 2 Delta Pros. (08-23-23)
and was getting one DP charging at full volts while the other was bouncing from 800watts to 0watts every 20 seconds or so.
NOW I have separated everything. (01-10-24) Each has it's own set of Solar Panels to Charge controller to battery paralleled to the DP. and everything is working solid. Charging the DPs with a full 15A. I am using the xp60i cable that came with the DPs. I will soon be adding a second rack battery to each set.

Attachments

• 08-23-23.jpg
    08-23-23.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 01-10-24.jpg
    01-10-24.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 2
Back