diy solar

diy solar

need a electrical engineer in Az.

azoffgrid

Im building a off grid system in yavapai county Az.
they require a lic electrical engineer to submit plans ,
anybody have a contact , for a off grid DYI that can help ?

Greenlancer has impressed me on several projects in the midwest that we've done. Best I can tell they've got a presence all over the USA.

Im in prescott valley. My neighbor Isa electrician and has done off grid solar in this county. I'll ask him next time I see him.

Because they require it. Even rural off grid , we might as well be in Phoenix

Same as on.
Rapid disconnect. Conduits. Roof walkways. Labeling.
Only thing missing is 1741

They arent out " looking" but when pulling the permit you have to have the spec sheet and the ul lable

They arent out " looking" but when pulling the permit you have to have the spec sheet and the ul lable
So if I put up 6 panels on my roof without a permit or ground mount them am I likely to run into trouble?
I was looking at solar trailers.

Depends on your area . But definitely, possibly, maybe.
If not grid tied , roll the dice.

Depends on your area . But definitely, possibly, maybe.
If not grid tied , roll the dice.
I think if I build a solar trailer they can't really say anything about it. But if I put them on my roof i could certainly end up it comes to their attention. If ground mounted I don't know. Arizona is like California in disguise. I moved here from Washington State to get away from all the nonsense. And I found the same kind of stupidity here that I found when I lived in California up North. And when I lived in the Southern Oregon.

I was reading something somewhere that ranked all the different States for how friendly they were for off grid living and believe it or not Arizona is one of the worst the worst and that actually California is considered to be much better.
Anyway after doing some searching and reading I totally understand why you're going the route you're going there's no reason to let these people try and screw you if you can protect yourself ahead of time and they will try and screw you from what I have seen.

Here's a picture of a trailer I saw for sale somewhere down in The Valley which gave me some ideas.
I just want to power my work shop to offset my power bill . I don't want to go off grid or tie in . I was just going to power a single air conditioner and pretty much nothing else. And now I'm in the rabbit hole ? Screenshot_20220623-021532_OfferUp.jpgScreenshot_20220623-021407_OfferUp.jpgScreenshot_20220623-021412_OfferUp.jpgScreenshot_20220623-021349_OfferUp.jpgScreenshot_20220623-021419_OfferUp.jpg

OP...did you ever get an answer? I'm looking into property in Yavapai the will require off grid solar. The process looks overwhelming...

Back