diy solar

diy solar

Need advice on "One Line Diagram" for PTO with Utility Company

Arcticathlon

It has been a frustrating ride with trying to get my PTO (Permission To Operate) with CenterPoint in Houston. I got the system up and running and I am not sending back to Grid at this point, until i can get my PTO from Utility. I submitted what they requested, waited 5 weeks, to then be asked some questions on power generation, and instantly have my submission status bumped from Submitted to Rejected. Now I have to start over, but they gave me a sample document where they asked me these questions.

Dear Installer,
Can you clarify how is the solar system interconnected? Are you using a load side connection as your point of interconnection? Please mention the PV breaker value and the VLLD should be fusible one.
If Point of Interconnection is supply side connection, VLLD should be fused & mention fuse value in VLLD.
Thank you.
(Workflow status moved from Application Submitted to Reject Application)

The document they sent is below.

1721521741721.png

I believe they want to know where the power generation is coming from, and the breakers that can isolate the load. This is not how my setup is, and there were additional pages that did not apply to me, since they were micro inverter based.

I made a quick ugly drawing that is not complete yet, but I want to know if I am on the right track with what they are looking for.

My setup is using a 19.240kw Solar panels connected to a Sol-Ark 15k, with a EG4 PowerPro 14.3kw battery and a 50amp generator connection. It is setup for whole house pass through, and everything goes through the Sol-Ark. I have a Big lockable Knife Gate 200amp fused disconnect switch between my meter and the inverter. In the manual, it states that the Inverter can only convert up to 15kw from DC (solar and battery) to AC. So this would be my only load that i could backfeed, until i just remembered that the Generator connector could possibly be setup backfeed?? So do i add an additional 50A @240v AC to the 62.5A shown below?

1721522031211.png

More detailed information on my setup.

1721522379985.png

1721522447168.png

I thought the above drawing would explain how my connections were made, but they want this simple line drawing. What am i missing?

Thanks everyone.

diy solar

diy solar
Back