diy solar

diy solar

Need advise on canbus

No I want to build my own batteries but the front panel of the sofar battery inverter shows
1 what's coming in off your panels
2 battery level
3 if the battery is charging from the grid or the panels
4 if I'm pulling from the grid
So I didn't know whether I'd get that sort of info by hooking DIY battery.
Also if I'm using a time of use tariff and hooking up a DIY battery would the sofar ac battery inverter know when I want to charge the battery using the tariff if there's no coms/canbus.?
Cheers kev
Victron can do all that without canbus to batteries. Also reports live to the internet.

I'm running it now with a DIY pack.

Bits needed
Color Control GX
Smart Shunt
Mulitiplis 2 Inverter

Matt

Does anyone know if there's been any work on adapting a generic BMS to report Pylontech formatted data for use with ME3000SP or similar?

Does anyone know if there's been any work on adapting a generic BMS to report Pylontech formatted data for use with ME3000SP or similar?
Well this inverter use RS485 interface when connect to pylontech battery. that's not too complicated to do, as long as you can find a generic BMS with well documented rs485 or CANbus interface protocol . basically you going to have to translate one of this generic BMS interface protocol to the pylontech rs485. for example you can use an esp32 to do it, it has CANbus support, uart support just need to add a rs485 driver. plus you get BT and wifi.

I don't know if someone is already working on the subject. I had done some research on how to do it. I plan to build a small 16 cells battery with a Daly smart BMS to test, but don't expect any thing in the next 3 months.

I don't know if someone is already working on the subject. I had done some research on how to do it. I plan to build a small 16 cells battery with a Daly smart BMS to test, but don't expect any thing in the next 3 months.
I spend a day or two on interfacing the DALY Smart BMS. My 16S version offers UART, RS485 and CAN. However, RS485 is not Modbus (which e.g. EPever talks) and CAN is not CAN-protocol either. It seems, they use just standard UART protocol over RS485 or CAN physical layer. I got it to communicate with a Raspberry Pi over RS485 using Python. So what you are proposing is possible, I guess, if you know your way around these protocols as well as having some experience in programming.

I spend a day or two on interfacing the DALY Smart BMS. My 16S version offers UART, RS485 and CAN. However, RS485 is not Modbus (which e.g. EPever talks) and CAN is not CAN-protocol either. It seems, they use just standard UART protocol over RS485 or CAN physical layer. I got it to communicate with a Raspberry Pi over RS485 using Python. So what you are proposing is possible, I guess, if you know your way around these protocols as well as having some experience in programming.
Has anyone explored this further. I'm trying to get an ESP32 to act as a 'middle-man' between my TinyBMS and my Growatt inverters. I've managed to get the ESP32 to pull all data from the BMS using UART. Now I'm working on the CANBUS side of things. I'm planning to emulate the PylonTech protocol, but I'm struggling a bit with exactly which protocol to follow. The Growatt Manual indicates that "there are four RS485 protocols in the inverter" for lithium battery communication. Based on the Pylontech documentation, there seems to be two communication protocols, one for CANBUS and one for standard asynchronous serial communication.

I had assumed that the the Growatt inverters used a CANBUS protocol, but maybe not. If this is all asycronous serial, maybe this will be easier than I though. Or maybe its the CANBUS protocol using an RS485 port, or maybe I just have no idea what I'm doing...

Anyone have any advice to offer?

I don't know the Growatt inverter nor its protocol. What helped me with debugging the DALY BMS protocol was actually a cheap logic analyzer I bought off ebay. Using this (https://www.ebay.de/itm/8-Kanal-24M...r-USB-Kabel-fur-ARM-Arduino-FPGA/293715300601) plus the Saleae software, I simply listened into the communication between the BMS and the PC software. That way, you can find out, if the Growatt CAN follows the CAN-bus protocol or something else.
I decided however, to stick with RS485 as the USB adapter appears as standard serial port while the CAN adapter has its peculiarities ...
Just make sure, if your device communicates using bytes or ascii!

Hello, is there any progress? My setup: Daly BMS Lifepo4 16S, Growatt SPH4600. would also like to use the Pylontech protocol for this purpose.

Hi,
Im New to the forum but been working on this issue for a while.
finally had a breakthrough with this company

https://www.seplos.com/ who after some negotiation have sold me their
BMS https://www.seplos.com/sale-1332953...epo4-bms-monitoring-lithium-ion-battery-.html
Its taken 2 weeks to arrive but installed a few days ago and works as described ( On a test pack of 20AH lifepo4 cells. its communicating with my Me3000sp as a pylontech system ( Can choose in software between a range of off the shelf storage Batteries)
As the weather i the UK has warmed iv'e noticed the seplos BMS has instructed the Me3000sp to reduce charge to 10A and finishes off the charge as should to 80%.
The unit also comes with a satellite LCD display real handy.

Tony

Hi,

BMS https://www.seplos.com/sale-1332953...epo4-bms-monitoring-lithium-ion-battery-.html
Its taken 2 weeks to arrive but installed a few days ago and works as described ( On a test pack of 20AH lifepo4 cells. its communicating with my Me3000sp as a pylontech system ( Can choose in software between a range of off the shelf storage Batteries)
As the weather i the UK has warmed iv'e noticed the seplos BMS has instructed the Me3000sp to reduce charge to 10A and finishes off the charge as should to 80%.

Tony
This is exactly what I have been looking for. I have sent you a message Tony.

Hi,

Tony
Thank you for the recommendation. I ordered from seplos.

Hi,

Tony
Hi, what all did you have to order from them? I am in same situation as you and I have already ordered batteries (lifepo4 280ah X 16) but I need a BMS which can talk to my ME3000SP without much fuss.

Do any Expert have Pylon protocol FW which is merged in Seplos BMS.pls share.
Thank
what are you looking for exactly, what are you trying to achieve ? RS485 and CANBUS Pylon protocol specs is widely available just google for it , seplos pylon implementation is also available on request. Not sure it is ok to share it here. however, as long as you stick to the the official pylon specs you're good with seplos also. most inverter use only a subpart of the whole protocol.

what are you looking for exactly, what are you trying to achieve ? RS485 and CANBUS Pylon protocol specs is widely available just google for it , seplos pylon implementation is also available on request. Not sure it is ok to share it here. however, as long as you stick to the the official pylon specs you're good with seplos also. most inverter use only a subpart of the whole protocol.
Hi Dear,
Iam seeking kind of this FW
1664497080113.png
in the Seplos PC sotware have a Droplist to choose hybrid inverter brands protocol. it aslo exist PYlon protocol on Droplist and i no need to upload.
I've purchase a new BMS Brand, it doesnt like Seplos. it require shall be upload BMS protocol from the upper computer. so i am seeking Pylon FW.
1664497319419.png
Thanks and support me!

Hi Dear,
View attachment 114136
in the Seplos PC sotware have a Droplist to choose hybrid inverter brands protocol. it aslo exist PYlon protocol on Droplist and i no need to upload.
I've purchase a new BMS Brand, it doesnt like Seplos. it require shall be upload BMS protocol from the upper computer. so i am seeking Pylon FW.
View attachment 114137
Thanks and support me!

Sorry, I'am not sure to understand your context, and what you are trying to do.Sorry

Are you tryng to use seplos PC software to upload a firmware in an other BMS brand ?

You can upload seplos firmware only on seplos bms, not in other bms brand.

If you have an other bms brand, you should ask your vendor if this bms support pylontech, and ask them how to enable it.
what is this bms brand ?

Hi Dear,
View attachment 114136
View attachment 114137
Thanks and support me!
Hello Sir....Can you share me Battery Studio V4.3.310 ?

Back