diy solar

diy solar

Need advise parallel connecting Fortress eVault MAX 18.4 Kwh and GSL-W-20K 20Kwh

Munnu

Howdy! While this is for DIY members predominantly, I have a few questions. Have been looking to add solar for a decade and finally able to plunge in. Given the 2021 Texas freeze fiasco, trying to have redundancy and have back up for grid down scenario. Not trying to sell to grid and mainly interested in self consumption and battery top off.
With this in mind, waiting on a solar pergola with 10KW bifacial, GSL-H-12KLV-US hybrid inverter with 200 amp pass through, and a 20 Kwh GSL-W-20K LiFePO4 battery. Hoping that I get the permits soon so the installation can begin.
I wanted to add more back up, and purchased 4 newFortress eVault MAXLiFePO4 batteries at a good price (advertised in the classifieds on the forum), and have a few questions, that members may have some insight.
1. Can I add batteries from two different manufacturers - both are LiFePO4 and 51.2V systems, all have their own internal BMS. Can I use Victron Lynx distributor/ power in? or will i have sacrifice the 20Kwh GSL and not use it.
2. I do not see the GSL hybrid inverter on the Fortress website, but it looks like it is a variant of LuxPower from pictures - may be Eddie_LuxPowerTek or Adamantium can chime in ?
Lot more question to follow for sure

Thank you kindly

Back