diy solar

diy solar

Need help sourcing a 3.65v low amp (preferable 3A or less) LFP charger

JohnZEBSolar

Hello,
I am currently attempting to condition/repair some prismatic cells inside a 200aH 51.2V rack mount battery. These cells are 3.2V 100Ah cells I believe (32 cells 16s2p). I am looking for recommendations for a charger that could charge them slowly at <.5c (<100A). I have looked around on amazon with no luck and figured I would ask you all.

Also, any tips or strategies on repairing these would be much appreciated. I plan on charging them as slow as possible, then cycling them at .25c-.5c. This will be my first attempt at repairing individual cells so any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Have a sunny day!

Last edited:
My advice, just go straight to the ZTech 40 amp battery tester. you can set it from 0 to 40 amps, and even without a computer lash up, it is reasonably accurate.

you will appreciate the extra amps later when you are top balancing cells.

My advice, just go straight to the ZTech 40 amp battery tester. you can set it from 0 to 40 amps, and even without a computer lash up, it is reasonably accurate.

you will appreciate the extra amps later when you are top balancing cells.
I am trying to understand top balancing better. I know protocol may vary from person to person but how do you prefer to top balance?

I am trying to understand top balancing better. I know protocol may vary from person to person but how do you prefer to top balance?
Depends upon how much time you have. Usually tie them in parallel then charge to 3.5, let them rest a day then to 3.65.

Most cells (we are using) are large enough I set the units voltage and a20 amp finish. So once the charger has dropped from 40 amps down to 20 it shuts off

Back