diy solar

diy solar

Need help to start up my 48v powerwall battery.

Kifo

Hello i am in my new 48v powerwall battery connected to my PowMR 6000w hybrid inverter ,selected lithium battery settings but upon wakin up this morning my powerwall battery is completed dead 0.0% and myinverter wont recognize to start it up how do i even try to have inverter to recognize it to charge it back and get better settings thanks.

Your battery comms cable or dipswitches etc. are not correct.
Read both manuals until your eyes bleed and learn how to correct it ^^.
Btw. you never mentioned WHAT exact type battery you are using.
"48v powerwall battery" can be ANYTHING...
Btw. also: this thread are useless without photos.

I upload manual and battery the issue is in manual settings 11,12,13,26,27,and 29 i think cant figure out for some reason when my inverter switch from Solar to battery it runs till like 50% and then if i happen to turn on any stuff with high power like my house water heater it shuts down inverter this was'nt happen with lead abtteries or even agm batteries i just can't program this lithium battery pack thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 2.17.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 2.17.49 PM.png
    89 KB · Views: 5
11) your max charging current from utility depends on your battery size mostly
Does the 30A default setting charge as fast as you need?
30A on a 100Ah LiFePO4 battery is a little high. Just about right for 200Ah to 300Ah.

12) 46V default seems reasonable
13) 54V back to battery also reasonable. I would consider lower if you get here early in your solar charging day
26) 56.4V default is 3.525V per cell. Thats easily 100% charged.
27) float 54V default is very reasonable
29) low DC cutoff 40V is 2.5V per cell. It is unlikely to get this low before your battery BMS cuts off. I would make sure that this cuts off before your BMS cuts out. 44V would be a good conservative setting. There is less than 10% battery charge lower than this.

Is there anything you've noticed with these settings of note? They are pretty standard and slightly conservative settings. I like conservative settings but sometimes folks have situations where something might need to be more aggressive, so i ask that.

Ok will try these settings and will give feedback thank you.

i use the settings which you gave but battery when it gets to like cutoff it shuts down completely i guess the BMS protection come on and when i turn the battery back on the inverter shuts down dont't know what trick to use again haha.

but battery when it gets to like cutoff it shuts down completely i guess the BMS protection come on
This is a good thing that the BMS is doing its job.
That looks like an excellent manual for your battery. Have you connected to a computer to check/verify that you have a cell or cells hitting the 2.5V low voltage cutoff? Hitting this disconnect repeatedly is no doubt hard on the BMS and your inverter. If you can work within the battery voltage range your equipment will be grateful and maybe live a long and happy life.

Back