diy solar

diy solar

Need some help guys

unmerus

Rad
Hi. New member here. I hope my system and other info i just logged when i registered is avalable to all to review. My problem is that my second battery has been repaired and reinstalled 3 weeks ago, there are sunny days that i check my system in the morning and everything looks ok and then i look again around 1PM and the batteries appear to be almost fully disharged and only recieving 120 watts. I wait a couple hours to see if they will recharge but nothing changes. So i go into settings and change the AC Charge setting to 0 amps and wait 3 minutes. Nothing changes so i change it back to ten amps and within 2 minutes the batteries start charging and drawing 600 amps. After 12 to 15 hours the batteries are fully charged. I have witnessed this about 3 times in 3 weeks. Probably BMS issues? Disconnect the battery that had a local third party non-solar technician repair the BMS? ( he took two damaged bms and robbed parts to repair other) Then monitor the system again? Or maybe i am way off?

Last edited:
Hi. TY for your response. Sorry, i thought all the following info was readily available from my profile. I should have it included it in my post. .......10 each 48 volt panels with two 51.2v 100AH lifepro batteries with a Soretec Revo series hybrid inverter and an import export electric meter. My system is 18 months old. All my panels were blown off my roof and both my batteries and my inverter were damaged from water from a super typhoon in december but have been repaired but not by seasoned solar technicians. I live in southern philippines. I have minimal experience with solar.

I have zero knowledge about the Soretec Revo series hybrid inverter.

To be honest with you I am a bit worried when you say you have minimal experience. There are a lot of high voltages wires that you are dealing with that can kill you. The 600 Amps that you say the two batteries are drawing is impossible, either your reading something wrong or the Inverter is defective. It's hard enough to setup a system with new equipment but with suspect equipment only an onsight installer is going to be able to figure out what is damaged from what is working.

The picture you are portraying of blown off panels and a Typhoon brings up a lot of questions.
Are all of the Solar Panels OK? Has someone tested them and then tested the strings of panel to make sure that they are working right?

I would never do a low level repair on the BMS. Batteries are expensive but a new BMS systems are cheap.
You should have had them replaced with new ones.

NASA said during a press conference on Saturday afternoon
I have zero knowledge about the Soretec Revo series hybrid inverter.

To be honest with you I am a bit worried when you say you have minimal experience. There are a lot of high voltages wires that you are dealing with that can kill you. The 600 Amps that you say the two batteries are drawing is impossible, either your reading something wrong or the Inverter is defective. It's hard enough to setup a system with new equipment but with suspect equipment only an onsight installer is going to be able to figure out what is damaged from what is working.

The picture you are portraying of blown off panels and a Typhoon brings up a lot of questions.
Are all of the Solar Panels OK? Has someone tested them and then tested the strings of panel to make sure that they are working right?

I would never do a low level repair on the BMS. Batteries are expensive but a new BMS systems are cheap.
You should have had them replaced with new ones.
Thanks for your response. I dont get into the wires. I meant 600 watts. Not amps. Sorry, brain fart. Most of my panels had the glass all cracked up and some of the frames were damaged so didnt reuse those. But three were ok so reinstalled them and i think the installers checked them. I can i ask them and also ask them did they check the strings of panels. The installer has provided and installed all equipment both times and is a professional but again not seasoned. TY.

NASA said during a press conference on Saturday afternoon

Thanks for your response. I dont get into the wires. I meant 600 watts. Not amps. Sorry, brain fart. Most of my panels had the glass all cracked up and some of the frames were damaged so didnt reuse those. But three were ok so reinstalled them and i think the installers checked them. I can i ask them and also ask them did they check the strings of panels. The installer has provided and installed all equipment both times and is a professional but again not seasoned. TY.
Three panels meet the minimum requirements of the Inverter? That may be part of your problem.

Whats the Voc of the panels.
Is the inverter revo ii or revo e?.
The sorotecs are happiest at panel Voc below 430volts.

If the voc of the panels are actually 48v, then the inverter is trying to protect itself, as you have exceeded recommended voc. Best you remove 1 or 2 panels from the string and try again..

Thanks. The panels are max power Pmax 460wp but tge max power voltage Vmp is 43.08v. Think thats ok ? The inverter is a series II 5.5kw. So whats the diagnosis?

Thanks. The panels are max power Pmax 460wp but tge max power voltage Vmp is 43.08v. Think thats ok ? The inverter is a series II 5.5kw. So whats the diagnosis?
Voc is what am asking for not Vmp,
Voc is usually higher than vmp.
Since your vmp is 43v, i am certain your Voc is over 45v.

Best you remove 1 panel and run 9 panels and in series, not the current 10 you are running

fully disharged and only recieving 120 watts.

Check for a loose connection. the 12 volt side of my system was acting wierd and it all came down to lose connection negative side of charge controller output.

I have minimal experience with solar.

Ya well read the manual https://www.ostrovni-elektrarny.cz/docs/Manual_REVO-II_5.5K.pdf

And some books on electricity. Its really not hard at all. In fact its super easy compared to most things in life as its entirely mathematical and totally predictable.

Here is the best book ever understanding all this electricity stuff https://www.amazon.com/Getting-Started-Electronics-Forrest-Mims/dp/0945053282

Back