diy solar

diy solar

Need some help with the correct wiring placement on jbd bms

alishac

So I made up some bus bars and doing 2p4s.

I'm trying to figure out where the bms wires go.. And in the bms app it only says there is 4 cells not 8 is that correct with this type of setup?
Also the rj45 lcd screen that came with it is all connected but it comes up with connection error.. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

When I put a multimeter to the pos and neg it showing 13.16v because i haven't charged it and top-balanced it yet. I was just trying to first know where to put the leads then I'm going to use a charger on it then use the 5a active balancer with the charger to top balance the rest.. I got it in the 2p4s (C) in the wiring setups.

2p4s.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

When two cells are in parallel, they will look like “one cell” to the BMS.

Assuming you have proper connections for each bus bar each cell will be at the same voltage and state of charge.

Also if you have 5 BMS sensing leads for a 4S battery you can only read 4 cells.

ah ok, I got it all working.. found out I had to put the cable from neg on cell to neg on bms for it to read the full details but yea still saying 4 cells which is fine. Charging it up now and top balancing it.. thanks for the help :)

I saw that too, amazing what can be used as a welder these days!!! ?

Back